News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revised 1050 Tiger.

Started by metalguru, March 27, 2013, 08:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

Thought I would wake things up a bit in here.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/114615

It's very nice.

:thumbsup

Just need.

:XXsunsmile
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

walker

I'd love to have one of those, but can't get them here in the US.

The article calls it a 1200 sport, but I Think it's just a tiger sport (still a nice 1050 motor).

Love my 1050

PeteH

My thoughts on the Tiger Sport...or... The Ramblings of an old fart...

Booked one out for a short test ride on the Triumph open day, wanted to try a Speed 3 too but that was fully booked :icon_sad: anyway...

Have to say it looks feckin cool in a rather understated way :icon_lol: so I get on and start the test only to find my nether regions feel a cramped, this could be down to a too low seat(is it adjustable?)or my weight gain :icon_sad:
Then I notice my feet are pointing downwards but cant do anything to alter the position apart from putting my toes on the pegs..then have to tip my left foot inwards to change gear...all slightly alien to me.
Next up are the mirrors...which are vibe free but give a great view of your arms :icon_lol:
Finally some positive thoughts...the motors a peach...pulls easy from 30mph in top gear without fuss and fuel glitches...tips into corners like a good un with no confidence issues and brakes well enough with one finger operation :thumbsup

Sooo, would I buy one....probably, just need to try a Speedy.....

Have to say, getting back on Tiggs afterwards was like putting on your old comfy slippers, you just know they`re right :sleepy1

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger