News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from a new user (and thanks!)

Started by StevieB, February 16, 2005, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevieB

Hello all. Since picking up my Tiger a few weeks ago I've been regularly lurking on this forum and picking up some excellent advice - thank you!

I tentitively swapped my old (and much cherished) Bandit for a newish silver 05 Tiger .... and what an excellent decision that was. I love the bike!

During the first week or so of riding I had several questions that I was going to pose to the very knowledgable folk on this forum. However all my questions were answered by searching earlier posts .......... there's the knocking sound from the front end (anybody get to the bottom of that yet??), the rather pessimistic fuel gage, what engine bars to buy (my next purchase) and how to get both headlights working (I can see in the dark now!).

Looking forward to much happy riding (including 750 miles in one day to John O' Groats in a few months!)

Cheers all.

Steve

Brock

Big welcome Steve. This site thrives on new owners...as you can see some of us are a bit long in the tooth. Yes...the ol' Tiger is a well kept secret. Enjoy!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Mr Mistoffelees

:D/  Hi StevieB, good choice on the colour  :lol:  got to keep those pesky orange ones at bay.

The Tiger has some great qualities:

Comfort

Silver

Good MPG

Silver

Service every 6k

Silver

Good tyre life (depending on how you ride  :twisted: )

Silver

Better than average road presence

Silver

Beautiful engine

Silver

Very decent handling

Silver

Great for motorways and town work

O and it comes in Silver  :lol:

Welcome and enjoy  :wink:
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

PaulBerg

You can get both headlights working by plugging in two relays. Look behind the cockpit on the left and find a rubber flap. Take that off and you will find two vacant relay slots ready waiting. Your Triumph dealer will have the necessary relays or you can find cheaper equivalents if you do a bit of homework.

Makes all the difference

Paul

greg

Hi, and don't worry about the rampant colourism on the forum, orange ones just don't have anything to prove.

Have you considered the Ironbutt thing if you are going to do 750 miles in a day, do 1000 in 24hrs and you can join up, go and have a look, typing in Ironbutt will get you there.
2004 Girly.

GlenWatt

Welcome Steve,

I'm quite new myself, it all seems freindly here and so far havn't suffered any flamming unlike many other bike sites. Still I live in hope.... :twisted:

Any of you SE UK guys up for a cuppa and a chat in the coming months ?

BoxHill, Ace or the Oakdene as a first suggestions. I'll put up another post in the next few weeks so as not to hi-jack this one.

Perhaps after 1st March so all the new boys with 05 regs can show off  :D
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

PaulBerg

I am up for a Down South Tiger meet....Spring is only a few weeks away.

Paul

Badger

Quote from: "GlenWatt"Welcome Steve,

I'm quite new myself, it all seems freindly here and so far havn't suffered any flamming unlike many other bike sites. Still I live in hope.... :twisted:

Any of you SE UK guys up for a cuppa and a chat in the coming months ?

BoxHill, Ace or the Oakdene as a first suggestions. I'll put up another post in the next few weeks so as not to hi-jack this one.

Perhaps after 1st March so all the new boys with 05 regs can show off  :D

If you want flaming Glen we can always give Schtum a link to this site.  :wink:

Also I have been thinking about a get together of all these 'ere Tigers. Let us know what you have in mind but give a few weeks notice.
Growing Old Disgracefully

ChrisN

Welcome StevieB,

Don't forget to share your Tiger thoughts and any new knowledge in the coming months.....and years!!
Chris

lwad

Hello and welcome, I'm fairly new here too.  Looks like we're gathering quite a few South East riders.  Could do a little tour of biker haunts - I know good roads from Box Hill to Bury Hill

jaredmroy

Any other Tiger fans living in Minnesota?

Brock

Is that somewhere in Wales?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Mr Mistoffelees

Yep I'm up for a South East Tiger meet  :D
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

pauljones1227

Hi Steve...Well done on your purchase...and you even chose the right colour...

As for the front end clonking noise, Mine is suffering the same problem, although my clonking is getting louder and louder.

My dealer (sorry, ex dealer) just shrugged and said "no idea". Triumph say its the sliders in the bottom of the redesigned 05 forks. They told me to go to another dealer to get them checked out because the clonking shouldn't be getting louder.

Enjoy the ride

robbo

Welcome Steve,

IsnÌt silver just black thatÌs been washed to often.?
best Regards

Robbo