News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from a new user (and thanks!)

Started by StevieB, February 16, 2005, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTim

Hi there Steve

I'm just up the road from you in Worcester, and a Tiger owning mate of mine is even closer in Tewkesbury.

I've also got a 2005 Silver Tiger, purchased from Bransons in Glous, is that where you got yours?

And have you fitted the engine bars yet, if so could you come and fit mine  :shock:

We'll have to meet up sometime  :D

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

StevieB

Hi Tim,

Had my first test ride at Branson's! But actually bought mine from a dealer in Cardiff. Didn't buy brand new, but was lucky enough to find a 5 month old Tiger in fast silver and in perfect condition.

Haven't bought the engine bars yet! Have done some research on the web though (based on info posted here), and have decided I like the look of the Touratech ones. Not sure if I'll do the job myself though. I'm a bit worried about the dealer using it to refuse warranty work (??).

One of the many things that appeals about the bike is that you don't see many on the road. Certainly haven't seen you on your silver one! Only ever see one guy in Gloucester on his orange one - him and millions of Jap sports bikes!

Took it into Branson's to get the front end knocking looked at. They also shrugged the sholders like pauljones' dealer. Guy there suggested it might be a "loose bit" under the fairing that's knocking on the plastic. Hmmm, don't think so. Perhaps I'll take a ride out one weekend and take it back to Cardiff.

Cheers for now.

Steve

TigerTim

Quote from: "StevieB"Hi Tim,

........Took it into Branson's to get the front end knocking looked at. They also shrugged the sholders like pauljones' dealer. Guy there suggested it might be a "loose bit" under the fairing that's knocking on the plastic. Hmmm, don't think so. Perhaps I'll take a ride out one weekend and take it back to Cardiff.

Cheers for now.

Steve

Hi Steve

Thinking about letting Bransons fit my Touratech bars at the 6k service that's due now.

My tiger also has the front-end "knock", intend asking Bransons to investigate at the service. By what you say it look's like the result will be the ol shrugging shoulders routine  :x  :x  :x  Will keep you and everyone here posted.

Regards

Tim

New-Tiger

The knocking seems to be standard and is to do with sliders in the front suspension or something. Nothing to worry about apparantly.

Badger

Quote from: "New-Tiger"The knocking seems to be standard and is to do with sliders in the front suspension or something. Nothing to worry about apparantly.

The good thing is it doesn't happen on the superior 04 and before models.  :wink:
Growing Old Disgracefully

TigerTim

Quote from: "New-Tiger"The knocking seems to be standard and is to do with sliders in the front suspension or something. Nothing to worry about apparantly.

So why don't the dealers know this  :?

Regards

Tim