News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Activ8 Luricant

Started by nikonjohn, May 18, 2013, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikonjohn

Has anyone used Activ8 luricant in their engine oil 200ml for engines over 800cc,I am looking to smooth out the gear change on my Tiger 955i (2001)and have looked into this product and Activ8 has a great lubing property going by the demo's

The Company assures me it can be used in my Tiger engine and will not cause clutch slip but in the Triumph Handbook Triumph say not to add anything to the oil as it will cause clutch slip.

So if anybody can help me out...

Dutch

My personal opintion: DON'T use ANY additives.

Take a good quality semi-synthetic motorcycle engine oil, change at recommended intervals, maybe a bit earlier if bike has been used hard. Warm up carefully and don't let the revs drop too much (2500 - 3000 minimum).

If you really want to use something I have some homeopatic oil additive. It looks like oil, smells like oil and feels like oil, but it has been homeopatically upgraded. It's perfectly save and only 60 quid for a 50 cc bottle. But you only have to use a few drops every 723 miles, so it's really very inexpensive   :pimp

metalguru

keeping the chain clean lubed and at the right amount of slack will help greatly. If using in wet weather lube it with EP90, makes a mess but transmission is smooth.

:thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Sin_Tiger

Spoke to a few of these Activate8 guys at various shows over the years and most of them would Not recommend it for unit construction bikes, I.e. only for older pre unit bikes with separate clutches.  The additive deposits a molybdenum compound on everything and out lasts a long time, so if your clutch starts slipping changing back to semi synthetic will not fix it,  not recommended!

If you're pressing through Maybole anmy time in July, give me a shout.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nikonjohn

Thanks to everyone who commented on my Activ8 question it's been a great help :icon_smile:.It will be an oil change from Castrol back to Silkolene. :icon_confused:
I hope this will work.Also got a chain and sprocket change to do but not checking the delivery until it's may be too late,I checked the manual and it stated 530-116 but I have received a 530-114 any ideas thank god the sprockets seem to be fine.
Right I'm off to email the company first incase I'm to blame :XXcomputer

threepot

Try PETRONAS oil. I would say its improved the gear change on my Tiger.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

TigerT

I have used this in my 955i Tiger after buying some guys at a BMF show. To be honest, no smoother, no change in fuel economy but no side effects either. Keep the change adjusted and lubed, the guy who services my bike recommends semi-synthetic over synthetic oil.
2003 Girly
1999 DR350