News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I think it may be time....

Started by iansoady, June 03, 2013, 05:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

I mentioned the Versys in post 8
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sin_Tiger

:icon_redface: you did,  did I mention my memory is not so good   :icon_rolleyes:

Considered a Bonnie since Ssvey opened up the field,  although heavy it's low, will go all day loaded up and it's just so much fun you can't help giggling like a school girl on every ride.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Marc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 16, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Considered a Bonnie since Ssvey opened up the field,  although heavy it's low, will go all day loaded up and it's just so much fun you can't help giggling like a school girl on every ride.

:iagree
my missus rides the Bonnie SE.  She weights 114lbs and handles the Bonnie like a bicycle! With the low gravity (and 17'' wheels) very easy to put in the garage  :thumbsup
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

iansoady

Maybe in a few years when I get even more decrepit and the choice is between that and an Enfield!
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

I'm not decrepit yet either  :icon_razz: the new Bonnies have a fair bit of poke you know,  Enfeild  :icon_scratch: well fun in it's own way.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

Do you think I could pretend this is a Tiger if I paint stripes on the tank?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Montydog

Advwannabe

Has anyone mentioned a Transalp? Pretty capable machine and even lighter that the Weestrom ( I think).

If the 'Strom works for you it won't matter if it has stripes. Taken one for a decent spin yet?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Montydog

Have you thought about the Kawasaki Versys there's a cracking 2007 model with 6500 miles on the clock for I think £2700 on UKGser, looks well looked after and they have a fab write up??

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Montydog on June 21, 2013, 12:04:59 AM
Have you thought about the Kawasaki Versys there's a cracking 2007 model with 6500 miles on the clock for I think £2700 on UKGser, looks well looked after and they have a fab write up??

Hello NKL it's not just me :icon_rolleyes:

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

iansoady

Quote from: Advwannabe on June 20, 2013, 11:01:24 PM
Has anyone mentioned a Transalp? Pretty capable machine and even lighter that the Weestrom ( I think).

If the 'Strom works for you it won't matter if it has stripes. Taken one for a decent spin yet?

Having taken the black one in the pic for a shortish run (10 miles or so) I liked it and have gone for it. It is like a smaller Tiger in many ways so think it is the right buy - especially at just under £2,200 with a new front tyre thrown in, and coming with full Givi luggage (if a bit tired looking).

Good points: lower, lighter, nice planted handling, nice sound.

Less good: slightly cramped knee position (to be rectified with DL1000 seat and probably Buell pegs), a bit snatchy just off idle (oh for a Tuneboy equivalent) and - of course - not a Triumph triple.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650