News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First "ride"

Started by rex007can, April 03, 2014, 06:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex007can

Well... it's done.
Sold my beloved Guzzi and bought a 955i.
Rode the Tiger home yesterday, took little over an hour.

First impressions.
This thing is LIGHT!... okay, not so much when stopped, but as soon as it gets moving it feels like the lightest bike I've had. Even lighter in the handlebars than my old R80.
Other thing, it's sooooooo much more comfortable than my V11... looking forward to riding it for a few hours straight and see how it feels.
Does not inspire as much confidence as the V11 though. I know it'll hold it's own in twisties, but the V11 was just begging to have the foot pegs drag the pavement, the Triumph, not so much. Probably because of the softer suspension and higher stance. It's okay though, my years of speeding should be behind me by now.
Engine has plenty of power all accross, good torque, more high end than I need... I'll miss the sound of the goose though... so it goes.

Is it me or is the side stand about a full inch too short?
Will definitely have to apply the Sasquatch mod, the meter barely registered 11.5 on idle...

That's it for now....
:wave

Now I just gotta get myself some cheap luggage...
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Spud

rex007can

:love10
Jogged my "memory"... sure...

Spud

thought it might appeal :icon_razz:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Quote from: rex007can on April 03, 2014, 06:24:13 PM
Well... it's done.
Sold my beloved Guzzi and bought a 955i.
Rode the Tiger home yesterday, took little over an hour.

First impressions.
This thing is LIGHT!... okay, not so much when stopped, but as soon as it gets moving it feels like the lightest bike I've had. Even lighter in the handlebars than my old R80.
Other thing, it's sooooooo much more comfortable than my V11... looking forward to riding it for a few hours straight and see how it feels.
Does not inspire as much confidence as the V11 though. I know it'll hold it's own in twisties, but the V11 was just begging to have the foot pegs drag the pavement, the Triumph, not so much. Probably because of the softer suspension and higher stance. It's okay though, my years of speeding should be behind me by now.
Engine has plenty of power all accross, good torque, more high end than I need... I'll miss the sound of the goose though... so it goes.

Is it me or is the side stand about a full inch too short?
Will definitely have to apply the Sasquatch mod, the meter barely registered 11.5 on idle...

That's it for now....
:wave

Now I just gotta get myself some cheap luggage...

At 11.5v I'd say you might need more than the mod to get it too where you need.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

robxxxx

Quote from: Spud on April 03, 2014, 07:42:19 PM
http://www.ducati-russia.ru/forum/f4/thread-t1283/page116.html

something to jog your memory   :thumbsup

cheers Spud   :thumbsup

A Russian Ducati forum! Spud, you clearly have toooooo much time to spare.

rex007can

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 03, 2014, 11:28:26 PM
At 11.5v I'd say you might need more than the mod to get it too where you need.

I was keeping an eye on it today.  It keeps going up and down between 11.5 12.5
I'll plan on replacing the regulator.

rex007can

Quote from: robxxxx on April 04, 2014, 12:15:46 AM]
A Russian Ducati forum! Spud, you clearly have toooooo much time to spare.

There was text??