News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dear Mr. Zard

Started by Sin_Tiger, March 17, 2013, 08:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

:XXcomputer Dear Mr. ZARD,

I have always liked your Penta end cans, light, compact, nicely finished and they sound great  :eusa_clap

I fitted a high carbon case model on my 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, originally mainly to get more space to allow me modify the SW-Motech quick lock pannier racks enabling equal spacing on both sides of the bike.almost immediately I was converted to using Zard end cans as my first choice.

I used them on the 2010 Triumph Street Triple, excellent with a sound that made grown men weep.

I have recently fitted a high ceramic coated alloy to my 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 CC. This has allowed me to make the same modification as I did on the 1050, looks great, much lighter and sounds superb.

Regretably I have two "problems" with it, neither of which are related to the fitment or quality of the unit, which is excellent as expected.

1) The local Triumph dealer here in Singapore, who also happens to be the appointed agent for Zard products, made a serious and seemingly inexplicable error when homolgating this product. He appears to have processed the required homologation certification for only this product item for use on the Triumph Tiger 800 model but not for the XC variant model. As a consequence the local authorities are refusing to issue a road worthiness certificate to allow this to be legally used on my bike.

As you know there it's no difference between both variants with respect to the engine, therefore there should be no difficulty in obtaining homologation. I believe the importer has this in hand and I bring this to your attention so that you are aware of the situation and can support the importer to ensure that your products are fully and legally usable in this region.

2) I recently took the opportunity of removing the baffle, while using the bike off road, which had a rather unexpected result. The improved response and sound were very welcome but the end result left me with a bike that was no longerlegal for the return journey on public roads. The attached photographs I believe should be self explanatory and you may already be aware of this effect but I feel that some warning in your manual might be beneficial to other customers and may help protect your good name from less understanding customers. Perhaps even offering a full bore deflector as an accessory, as I intend to fabricate myself, will allow owners to enjoy the benefits without the same unfortunate results.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Oops, so you didn't see that coming   :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

coachgeo

Bit of  a small pointed heat wave eh
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

John Stenhouse

I met someone in Annecy with a GS who had done that to his panniers.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

It wouldn't have surprised me in traffic during the day but this was at night, on the highway averaging 150kph and it was raining some of the time.

Why is my right blinker going ten to the dozen  :doubt

It did sound fantastic though  :thumbsup

I've seen quite a few GS's with teapot spouts tacked onto the end cans.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nd4spd

Did you ever get a response from Zard re: this..?

Sin_Tiger

Errrrr No  :icon_wink:

The post was a bit of a  rhetorical statement written as a letter.  Actually when I looked closely at a drawing, there was a comment in Italinglish something like "Off roada, you no use da pointy eletricthings" so I guess I was warned in a way  :icon_redface:

I did consider getting a little full bore deflector made up, same as the baffle but without the restriction. In the end is plenty good enough with the baffle in and silk sounds great when you keen her up  :pimp