News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear wheel hop/ rear suspension?

Started by Alan Spears, September 09, 2013, 03:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Despite both BMW with their ESA and Ducati with the Sky Hook active suspension we are a long way away before we have a suspension setup for all synarios,hence why the one that's works for hi speed on a tarmac road doesn't work when offroad,having test ridden most of e'm of recent including the 1050 sport I was more than happy to get back on my 955,but hardly suprising a stock shock for a production bike comes in around $100 or less an aftermark is rather more because your paying for whats inside and the adjustment you have on the outside.

DavidR8

Being ever the tinker'er (sp?) What would be the level of defference between a stock shock with 18K miles and a mid-range aftermarket shock?
2006 Girly, stone stock!

John Stenhouse

All the difference in the world. I have a white power shock on my 885i and it's amazing what the difference is. I thought it would be like car springs, aftermarket are stiffer and that I didn't want, but no, this just made it easier to ride 15mph faster everywhere!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting