News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Question for BixxerBob

Started by NKL, September 29, 2013, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

John
If a bike has had a map via Tuneboy, what happens if you plug TuneECU into it?
Cheers
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Nothing untoward.  I do my maps with Tuneboy because I like it's 3D graphics, but if I send a tune to someone else I download it from the ECU using TuneECU so that they can upload it without problems.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

Oh, I thought they were protected with a key code or something.
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Tuneboy and Tune Edit are keyed to the ECU.  It will read the ECU but not write to it if you don't have a software key. It does nothing to the map so a Tuneboy map can be read by TuneECU and vice versa.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

So I can't do any harm plugging Tune ECU into a bike that has a map put on it by Tuneboy?
Cheers John
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Nope, none at all.  That's not true for the 800s or Dora though, they are boobytrapped by Triumph.

Sin_Tiger

The 800's are OK, this only came in on revised or new models since  2012
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint