News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

60% of Triumph's made....

Started by threepot, September 30, 2013, 08:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Question is how would your knackers look sitting on the mantlepiece  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Sorry Sin, which one is you ?, think my eyesight must be failing.....

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on September 30, 2013, 08:36:27 PM
..in the Far East,Malaysia? Glancing thru 'Bike' earlier,I was shocked to read that stat :icon_scratch: I know its a financial reason,but from my perspective,'Triumph..made in Malaysia' doesn't quite have the same appeal.

I think typical of Bike mag they got it wrong. AFAIK Triumphs only other factory is in Thailand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Motorcycles_Ltd
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 21, 2013, 07:41:27 PMQuestion is how would your knackers look sitting on the mantlepiece  :bug_eye

I have a very tolerant sig.other.  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

blacktiger

Quote from: nickjtc on December 12, 2013, 12:35:02 AM

FYI his po bought a new 800XC to replace him this summer and is quite disappointed with its build quality. Especially the plastics.

Plastics? On a 800XC? He should realize that Triumph made the XC to ride :wheel not to polish. I suspect the plastics he's referring to are the crash protection on the fuel tank and rad guards which Triumph deliberately made cheap so that it won't cost a fortune to replace after the inevitable tip off.

nickjtc

Quote from: blacktiger on January 10, 2014, 10:10:06 AMI suspect the plastics he's referring to are the crash protection on the fuel tank and rad guards which Triumph deliberately made cheap so that it won't cost a fortune to replace after the inevitable tip off.

That would make a lot of sense. I suppose he was spoilt by the fact that the Tigers plastics are very nicely done and seem to be of good quality. He had no issues with the dreaded plastic mis-alignment scenario on the bike.

nickjtc

Quote from: blacktiger on January 10, 2014, 10:10:06 AMPlastics? On a 800XC? He should realize that Triumph made the XC to ride :wheel not to polish.

Having said that, though, if a person was to buy an 800XC just for pose value, so that it never saw anything resembling 'off road' conditions, then perhaps they might expect better 'quality' in the plastic work.....

blacktiger

Quote from: nickjtc on January 10, 2014, 07:08:38 PM
Quote from: blacktiger on January 10, 2014, 10:10:06 AMPlastics? On a 800XC? He should realize that Triumph made the XC to ride :wheel not to polish.

Having said that, though, if a person was to buy an 800XC just for pose value, so that it never saw anything resembling 'off road' conditions, then perhaps they might expect better 'quality' in the plastic work.....

The only time it's worth posing with an 800XC is when it's so covered in shit you couldn't see the plastics anyway. If you want to pose buy a Striple.

nickjtc

Quote from: blacktiger on January 10, 2014, 09:03:12 PM
The only time it's worth posing with an 800XC is when it's so covered in shit you couldn't see the plastics anyway. If you want to pose buy a Striple.

True. But over here one of the fastest growing segments in the motorcycle market place is that of 'adventure tourers', which like SUVs never see any dirt. It's increasingly common to see a fully loaded KTM Adventure/BMW 1200GS/V Strom et al with all the bells and whistles including aluminium panniers, used only to commute to and from work or to go down to the shops.

I'm thinking that the whole cruiser thing might be on the wane so those rich types who have lots of cash to blow on a bike are turning to other options.

Sin_Tiger

I take umbrage at that my friend.

Firstly, I was too busy playing the hooligan on my striple, principally because I didn't have the skills for anything else,  to pose.
Secondly, I'm quite happy with the appearance and quality of the plastics on my XC, although it's comforting to know they won't cost a fortune to replace and there isn't a lot of plastic on them anyway.  :iagree a well used one with a few scrapes just adds character, I certainly don't spend a lot on Polish  :nono

Nothing impresses me less than a pristine ADV (of any make but we all know which we see the most of  :augie) sat outside a Starbucks looking like an advert for Touratech

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 11, 2014, 08:46:57 AM

The only time it's worth posing with an 800XC is when it's so covered in shit you couldn't see the plastics anyway. If you want to pose buy a Harley.

I take umbrage at that my friend.

Firstly, I was too busy playing the hooligan on my striple, principally because I didn't have the skills for anything else,  to pose.
Secondly, I'm quite happy with the appearance and quality of the plastics on my XC, although it's comforting to know they won't cost a fortune to replace and there isn't a lot of plastic on them anyway.  :iagree a well used one with a few scrapes just adds character, I certainly don't spend a lot on Polish  :nono

Nothing impresses me less than a pristine ADV (of any make but we all know which we see the most of  :augie) sat outside a Starbucks looking like an advert for Touratech

Er, yeah, sorry about that. Corrected above.

nickjtc

If you want to pose buy a Harley.

Hard to pose on one of them when they are churning out 300,000 every year and (literally) every other bike on the road looks exactly the same. I freely admit that I am not a 'cruiser guy'; been there, done that.  I prefer to go around corners without dragging anything.