News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SideCar Gallery (Photos ONLY please)

Started by Mustang, October 29, 2013, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Sidecar pics only in this gallery Try and keep chit chat to a minimum please  :thumbsup

Mustang

They are extremely HANDY ..............

Mustang

Spud

Bixxer Bob

who does that belong to??  Mad MAX????

Looks like it was designed by the Health and Safety Executive  :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Nicked from Adv rider, these caught my eye,

DCrider-M by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr

dogs copy-M by john.stenhouse1, on Flickr
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Henry James

1998 Triumph Tiger with my homebuilt sidecar and my passenger Indiana.

Mustang

:eusa_clap
what kind of gas mileage are you getting ?
mine sucks .......25 average mpg ,worse if I do extended blasts on the interstates at 80+ mph
mines running rich though . I need to pull the carbs and get some smaller mains in em . just been putting it off

chairhead

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Tripodtiger

This is my second sidecar.  I'll locate a photo of my first one later.  Mustbe mid'90s as my 4-5yo son is now 24.
The sidecar has a fibreglass body, inboard suspension using a torsion arm (or what wecalled a torsion arm) & was w i d e.

Not long after the above photo, I had a canopy made and the whole thing re-sprayed in something approaching original colours.
I kept it like this until around '99when I decided to have the first of my Tiger sidecar's built.

The '96 Tiger had this built for it,by my friend Leigh, during 2000.  Modification of his standard design, he widened the seat by making the left side of the boat halfway across the wheel arch.  The wheel arch was modified to take a 17" wheel. The front was lifted by about 10cm, just to improve approach angle.  The windscreen was fixed in place.

It did us quite well until my my boys got too big to share the sidecar.  After that, I founda fewpalces where it was limited on some twin track roads & was getting hung up underneath.
Leigh & I had been talking about a better all road sidecar almost since this one was finished.  2009 I sold the body / chassis,  which was then attached to an XJR1300, so I could finance the new one.

I spent a lot of time agonising over whether to use the 900 or to look for more power in a 955, or a Suzuki 1250/1400.  The amount of work that had gone into getting the 900 done ultimately convinced me to go with what I had.  Maybe I should've upgraded, but I didn't.

So this is how it is now.

Leigh rode a borrowed NX650 on our recent trip.  This was out western NSW, north of Euston, south west of Mungo N.P.

It's got a great carrying capacity.  There is 20l petrol tank sitting in the box, except the first pump died and the replacement I obtained just before this trip leaked.  So I've got 30 litres in jerry cans plus all my touring kit.

I love touring on this.  Not fast, just fun.  Too fast? - it just gets too tiring and not enjoyable.

cheers
rayb
'73 RD250, '80 XS11, '81 RD350LC,
'96 Steamer - 'Tiger Trek' outfit.
'02 Girly - 'Envy'
"Faster Daddy, Faster!" (aged 7?)

Spud

Marc

The annual international sidecar meeting in Bruges

a few Rocket3's from Birtain
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Sin_Tiger

One that particularly to my other half's fancy, at the 2012 TT

Had a little sticker on one side of the door stating "Harriet's Chariot"
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Here you go Sin,
see if your better half likes this  :icon_wink:

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

:icon_cool: that is niiiice, better not show her that  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint