News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Arrow tune with a LoeVinci pipe.

Started by blacktiger, November 14, 2013, 05:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

I just tested the Arrow tune with my LeoVinci pipe.
First though I rode the new 20770 tune over a 90 miles route to give me an mpg figure to compare with. 20770 came out at 49.5mpg showing on the clocks.
I then rode the same route in reverse (I get bored of riding the same routes) with 20771 installed. The mpg displayed at 44.5 when I got home.
So whilst the seat of the pants told me the Arrow tune had more PEP it's using 10% more fuel to do it. :cry The next best thing, after the extra PEP, is that the ping,ping,ping in the exhaust on overrun has gone completely.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

My brain's tired, I don't recognise those tune numbers H, are they the standard ones for your version Girly??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 14, 2013, 09:41:32 PM
My brain's tired, I don't recognise those tune numbers H, are they the standard ones for your version Girly??

This is in the "Beakers" section John. New tunes for the 800XC non ABS.

Bixxer Bob

Doh.....  :icon_rolleyes:

In my defence,  I use the "New posts" menu under my login rather than trawling through looking for updated stuff hence I didn't notice I was in Beaker section.  I didn't realise you could map the 800s, I thought they were locked like the Explorers.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 14, 2013, 11:29:30 PM
Doh.....  :icon_rolleyes:

In my defence,  I use the "New posts" menu under my login rather than trawling through looking for updated stuff hence I didn't notice I was in Beaker section.  I didn't realise you could map the 800s, I thought they were locked like the Explorers.

Nope, the 800s are still old tech.  :icon_biggrin:

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

I didn't bother updating the tune after changing to the Zard, fuel consumption was slightly worse but I put that down to the nice noise  :bad but the ting ting was gone anyway. Reason I left it was so that I could swap back to the standard can to appease the local authorities, I didn't want my mate who's looking after the bike coping a fine, it only takes 10 mins to change over anyway.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Getting some miles on the XC already. Guess you're liking it  :bad

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 18, 2014, 04:06:26 PM
Getting some miles on the XC already. Guess you're liking it  :bad

Who me? Yeah, not 'arf!

metalguru

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

blacktiger