News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Solo Tiger

Started by chairhead, December 08, 2013, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

As some of you may know ive been after a second Girly, not a hard task I know as they are in abundance on the internet, but finding the right one takes patience and time, I looked at a couple but felt they were not for me, everyday id search for newly listed bikes on various websites but nothing stood out,

that is until I was servicing the Outfit and prepping it for some Austrian snow adventures, I changed the plugs and found the coil packs had split again!! :icon_evil: so I thought im going to have to buy replacements now  :icon_frown:
looking through the crap on ebay I saw listed an 07 engine for £300, a reg/rec for £25 a loom for £30 and an ECU for £40 and eventually a set of mint coils for £38,needless to say I bought the lot!....you never know right?  :augie

Then I saw an 04 Girly that had spoke wheels so I thought id have a look, well, long story short I got a lift to Leicester and rode it home, 04 Girly in black,panniers,centre stand,heated grips all mots with mileages absolutely mint and under 10k!! :bug_eye for £2600  :thumbsup Kerrching!!, to cap it all off I won a stainless sports can on ebay for £43 inc postage, the only fly in the ointment was today when the only key I have snapped in the pannier mount  :icon_cry: ,these btw if I can get them are for sale as too is the triumph screen on it

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Marc

Whaw!!  what a nice bike that is!

Congrats  :eusa_clap
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

Sin_Tiger

Well done :eusa_clap hope you bought a lottery ticket as well.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 09, 2013, 07:30:25 PM
Well done :eusa_clap hope you bought a lottery ticket as well.

Ummm........damn it!, no, im not in the habit of being so lucky :icon_rolleyes:,
I now need to find out how to remove the panniers without a key................any ideas anyone?
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

I think BB is your man for advice there :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

That's a lot of motorbike for 2600!!! I'd load the bike on/in to what ever take it to a lock smith.

PS I do hope you not going to put that mint bike in one of those poxy lock up garage  :icon_evil:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: chairhead on December 08, 2013, 06:27:10 PM
.... the only fly in the ointment was today when the only key I have snapped in the pannier mount  :icon_cry:

If most of the key broke off you'll be able to turn it with a screwdriver.  If it was only part of the key. put the rest into the lock and help it turn with a screwdriver.

I have a locksmith's tool for extracting broken keys when asked.  Without it things are a little more difficul, but a GOOD pair of needle nosed tweezers and the pointy end of a scriber will do nearly as well.  And patience, obviously.  :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Thanks mate,

i'll give that a go when I get back from Germany/Austria  :icon_wink:
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

daveb

nice looking stead there boyo,  :thumbsup

Enjoy your trip