News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1996 steamers.....would you call these bikes reliable?

Started by kingdomstyle, March 03, 2011, 06:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Straying a little off topic, but I've always wanted a Ducati. That was until I went into a new dealership that opened here in South Minneapolis. They are great folks, but I'm not happy with what Duc is doing.

The Ducati machines have moved into what BMW is. A super high-tech bike that is almost drive-by-wire and no longer really user serviceable. And stratospherically expensive. To be fair the industry as a whole has moved in this direction.

I'm hoping that Triumph doesn't take the bait.

I have heard Moto Guzzi now makes the most reliable, as in, low-maintenance, high milage bikes money can buy.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Colonel Nikolai

Mustang those are two great pix of your kitty. In the second picture, did Mrs. Mustang drive the Bonneville to Bonneville?

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Mustang those are two great pix of your kitty. In the second picture, did Mrs. Mustang drive the Bonneville to Bonneville?
nope that's my little brothers bonnie , he lives in cheyenne, WY
Mrs.M doesn't like long road trips all that much , me ....well I like12 hour days in the saddle for days on end .

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Mustang"nope that's my little brothers bonnie , he lives in cheyenne, WY
Mrs.M doesn't like long road trips all that much , me ....well I like12 hour days in the saddle for days on end .

Very cool. I don't have a picture like that of my Sprint at Bonneville. Wish I did.

nickjtc

Quote from: CoolHandLuke on March 03, 2011, 11:21:54 PM
The swingarm snapping by the eccentric adjuster is a common fault with the black swingarms.  Apparently, the silver swingarms are less prone to this.

So, if I paint my black swing arm silver does it mean that it is less likely to break?  :augie

Sorry, I'm teasing. It's pretty quiet at work these days (nobody wants to do road tests in winter) and I am slowly working my way through 71 pages of Steamer posts.

Sorry git, aren't ?  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint