News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Suspension Lowering.

Started by metalguru, February 19, 2014, 12:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

I have been trying in England to find a company to make some lowering links (Dogbones) for my Explorer and I am finding grossly overpriced products which are very similar to most monoshock equipped bikes. The same products to fit other bikes are at least a third cheaper. With this in mind I have done some research and for non TUV Dogbones or TUV approved for more money, there is a company in Germany who ship worldwide and will make components to specific spec.

Have a look at this company,

bikefarm@bikefarmmv.de

:thumbsup

2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

rf9rider

I know someone who makes dogbones in stainless, i can have a word with him if you`re still wanting some?

Do you know measurements of what you want?

Sin_Tiger

I got a set of link plates for the Roadie before they were generally available. Guy who was on the 1050 forum, Mike from Wales, nice job 316 laser cut. I know he was doing the same for the 800 & XC when they came out, wouldn't be surprised if he's doing Explorer sets as well, I'll try and find his contact details when I'm free.

Other than him, Lust Racing would be my next choice, they have a good reputation if a bit pricier.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

Thanks for the info guys, got some coming from Germany cheaper than I could make them!
Lust racing not replying to my emails questioning the additional cost for Explorer, never mind only wanted 6 sets.
Very impressed with the TEX so far and Triumph very good for the recalls.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Bixxer Bob

Explorer??? :bug_eye

I've gone right off you :icon_evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

It looked so sorry for itself, rejected and covered up in the corner of a garage, I just had to put it out of its misery and bring it home for a better life. It has felt so much better and has certainly come to life, wanting to go out the whole time!!    :thumbsup
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint