News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bearing Oil Seal?

Started by bunker, March 13, 2018, 10:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

So right now I've got the all the bearings out of the headstock and the steering stem out too; there appears to be a seal of some kind that sits between the bottom bearing and the top of the bottom yoke (in the picture).  Its got slightly mangled coming off (likely not been off in 20 odd years  :icon_rolleyes:), but I can't find it in my usual online parts diagram (http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100058911-1-2&block_03=23773)

Anyone know the part number or shed a bit of light on it?

TIA!  :thumbsup
Tiger 885

Mustang

I'm not 100% certain , but. I think it comes with new bearING ?

bunker

Quote from: Mustang on March 13, 2018, 11:30:38 AM
I'm not 100% certain , but. I think it comes with new bearING ?
I hadn't considered that  :thumbsup

I only have a quick look at the bearings, but i'll double check when I'm back home - cheers!
Tiger 885

Timbox2

Mustang is correct, same bearing on the Girlies too,  I had mine replaced and remember the seal as part of the bearing, but watch out, some of the aftermarket replacements dont come with it, better to go OE,  it aint too dear anyway
2016 Tiger Sport

bunker

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 13, 2018, 10:06:25 PM
Mustang is correct, same bearing on the Girlies too,  I had mine replaced and remember the seal as part of the bearing, but watch out, some of the aftermarket replacements dont come with it, better to go OE,  it aint too dear anyway
I've checked and Mustang is spot on - I went with OE replacements too  :thumbsup
Tiger 885