News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1050 Tiger. When will Triumph Build Thee?

Started by drunkwombat955, March 20, 2005, 10:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkwombat955

Had a look at the new 1050 sprint at my local toy shop (oops I mean Triumph Dealer). Tasty bit of gear. So it begs the question- when can I put the deposit down on a 1050 tiger? The underseat exhaust seems a great way to deal with the right side pannier with the big hole in it. The better half get the left pannier when we go away for the weekend. Sadly, this don't leave much room for me on the right side.

The bloke at the shop tossed me keys for the 05 tiger. What a difference 4 years makes! Handles like a lanky road bike and the rear wheel likes following the front one a lot more. Not convinced on the cast alloys because I love dropping half the air out of the tyres and carving up the bush. Those alloys look like they might be allergic to tree roots and rocks. I know some in here have talked about sticking shaft drive on a Tiger and a few other modifications.

So here's the thing- What would you all be putting on the Wish List for the new Tiger? God knows-some one at Triumph may actually read it!
There\'s a fine line between clever and stupid- SPINAL TAP.

Brock

The new Tiger will be another year at least. Hopefully they'll retain the chain drive, offer alloys as an OPTION for those who don't like cleaning spokes (redesigning the spoked wheels so they take tubeless tyres like the Caponord), give her a new set of clothes (leaving out the silly tiger stripes), make the suspension adjustable at both ends and stick that gorgeous new engine in.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

robbo

You forgot to say lose weight  :wink:
best Regards

Robbo

Chris Canning

I would of happily bought a new Tiger this year if they'd have produced what the good old MCN showed a mock up picture of some months ago,but it's not be and things with my Tiger get more complicated by the minute!!!!!

Chris

drunkwombat955

Yeah, get rid of the tank stripes. Put Tigger on a diet too. BMW knocked 30 kg of the GS- Tigger needs to be under 200kg.
There\'s a fine line between clever and stupid- SPINAL TAP.

tigerjohn

I'd certainly go for the underseat  exhaust routing but as for the stripes..... a Tiger without stripes is called a Lion - doesn't  quite have the same ring to it!

robbo

Me old tractor looks fine as she is if she would only lose some weight. Ho and get back to the 04 swing arm Im not sold on the new 05 one.
best Regards

Robbo

abell

At least things like weight reduction are generally agreeable to all, since they are appealing in the same general way as "more power" is. When it comes to thinks like spoked vs mag wheels, or stripes vs no stripes, it is important to remember that all motorcycle wishlists are subject to the following three well-known adages.

1. You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time. All of the people all of the time isn't looking good.

2. You will be damned if you do and damned if you don't.

3. An opinion is like a clitoris - every "c$*t's got one.

This is particularly true for a bike like the Tiger which is conceivably a multi-purpose machine.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona