News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BT Coverage Of Moto GP

Started by Chris Canning, March 18, 2014, 09:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

If you have it don't forget there's an extra day of practice so it starts Thursday 3pm UK time

Bixxer Bob

Thanks Chris,  it's on the planner now!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Only a 30 minute preview on Wednesday :icon_rolleyes:,thursday is live 3 till 7pm and Friday is 2.15 till 7pm UK time there won't be a lot getting done this weekend  :icon_lol:

Chris Canning

30 minutes?? it was an hour  :icon_redface: at long last Moto GP being treated as it should with some decent coverage.

John Stenhouse

Unfortunately with a crappy supplier
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 20, 2014, 09:42:57 AM
at long last Moto GP being treated as it should with some decent coverage.

Unfortunately many of us wont see any of it now its not on the BBC, cant really be bothered with highlights on ITV4 when I already know the result.

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Well fortunately we have only used BT for our net and as we already have Sky so  BT has cost us nothing bar a phone call to connect last august,at some time I've no doubt there will be a sting in tail but as and when I'll pay,I don't want it jammed between the golf and the tennis on the Beeb or on the red button when their too busy and Eurosport just never had the budget.

Bixxer Bob

First taste looks promising (but then, I'm a glass half full type). The lass whose name I can't remember is just reading the autocue although she has motorcycling credentials and so needs to realise if she's just going through the motions she won't last long.  It's not about her and her flashy smile. She could do worse than watch Suzie Perry to work out how to engage her audience. After all, that's who she'll be measured against.

James Toseland doesn't seem to have got the hang of it either whereas Neil Hodgeson - what you see is what you get with his usual bluntness and wit.

Thank God for Julian Ryder and Keith Huen, back together for the first time since their WSB days when Foggy was King.   And ripping the piss out of each other already.  They'll do! :icon_biggrin:

Only my view of course, feel free to differ...... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well I have to confess of not knowing Melanie Sykes my wife googled her and she's a bit of a gal all right!!!,I thought Toseland was better than normal but maybe because he had a northern thing going with her he's normally between wooden and robot but I didn't think he was as bad as normal and spoke well when he got going.

Huewen is well rusty and he and Ryder have a way to go to get back to where they were,when Ryder called Huewen Toby blimey that made me laugh and when he did it a second time and Huewen said 'I'm not bald and I don't wear brown shoes' that was funny.

Yea it was alright but they have a way to go,but it's nice knowing GP's are not going to play second fiddle to the golf or tennis like when it was on the Beeb

Bixxer Bob

Chris Canning

Good race e'h!!! had to smile when Hodgson said to Cal that had run out fuel and nearly got his head taken off  :icon_wink:

Bixxer Bob

And Rossi using the F word live on camera. :ImaPoser

If you missed it, it was in park ferme and while being interviewed went something like this: "I arrive with the leading group a liitle bit unsure, I did not have a plan, so I think 'Fuck, go for it......"

Bixxer Bob

Doesn't look good for Melanie though. She talks too slowly to keep up with the pace of the action and can't seem to cope when she's reading from her notes, talking and has the director talking in her ear. I know that's hard - I couldn't do it - but she's getting paid as anchor woman of BTs flagship sport event so needs to step up.  Right at the end she shoukd have been pulling it all together she lost her place on her clip board, dried while trying to find it and was completely cut out of the shot while James and Neil covered for her.

I genuinely feel for her because I've been there (formal presentations were never my strength, some some of mine were tantamount to a public execution) but the people that offered her the job should have ignored her CV and read Wikipedia.....

Chris Canning

Down to priorities I guess I'll suffer the presenters just safe in knowledge Moto GP isn't going get shuffled off in favour of the golf or tennis  :icon_wink:,even Eurosport were guilty of doing it when the French Open was on,but they have a way to go.

Bixxer Bob