News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centre stand sump bracket Question

Started by London_Phil, April 07, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Quote from: London_Phil on April 12, 2014, 06:33:47 AM
Your a star. Thank you.
That gives me all I need to know.
On a side note, the tension spring looks to have little "stretch" in the photos,
does your stand snap firmly into up position?.
Regards Phil

The stand snaps firmly into up position and stays, even over bumps.

The spring(s) and arm must have come with the stand.  Maybe the bracket too.  I don't remember if the bracket  was there on the mc or if it came with the stand. There was no stand when I got the bike.

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 12, 2014, 04:08:52 PM
Just a rough freehand as I don't have Acad on this machine yet.

Maybe this should be 'stickied' for future reference...???
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Did you manage to get it fixed Phil?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Yep, fixed now, thanks for everyone's  help and Input.

My original bracket was about right with regard to the spring pin, but the tension was poor in my opinion.
I redid a bracket with the pin moved about 1cm to the front, and the springs, once I got the buggers on, are nicely tensioned, and the stand springs home with good tension.
The parts I bought were definitely Tigger ones, so I suppose unless we all report back with the pull tension of the stand, it may be my springs were tired.
I will post some pics when I get a moment.
On my shakedown run , on Monday, everything stayed nicely in place, except for the glass tube fuel filter which parted company as I pulled into J+S Watford.
2 bikes in the car park, and the Triumph's the one in bits, after leaving a large deposit!!!!, oh the shame

London_Phil

Pictures.. moved the mount screw forward to get more tension on the springs when stand is docked.