News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955 Tiger Air filter

Started by Howlin, March 24, 2005, 04:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlin

Any thing out there a person can use other than the Triumph one or K&N? Something one could get at a auto parts store?
If not I guess it's time to go see my dealer.

Mark

Well I know this reply may be late, however, I've just fitted a K&N Air Filter Part Number TB9097.

As I've just fitted it now/today and as yet haven't taken the 'ol girl ('01 955i) for a quick fang due to an oil filter mix up, I got a K&N P/N 191 when it should be 192 (doh!).

I'll let you know if there is any change in performance.

Cheers & Beers.
Alcohol & Explosives the key to a happy relationship.

Sasquatch

I use K&N on mine.  No noticeable HP increase.  But I did not expect any.  The reason I use them is that I want to be able to clean and re oil it quite often.  

Yes, I know the debate about more air = more dirt.  I am just not convinced that the ammount of additional dirt allowed by the K&N will adversly affect the engine with all the additional anal maint. I perform.

BykBoy

Check out my air box mod in this thred.

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=946

Larger holes = more noise.

More power? I can't really tell... I swap out front sprokets so often it's hard for me to notice the change in power.

More responsive throttle for sure.

I don't ride on dirt. If I did, i'm not sure this mod is a good idea.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Chris Canning

No need to go drilling holes in anything!!!! Yahoo Triumph_Tiger_Owners posting 1994

Chris

Mark

I've ridden the bike now with the K&N air cleaner fitted, hard to be objective, I have notice that the 'get up and go' from the lights is a slight improvement. But, you have to ask yourself is it because a new filter has been fitted.

The original filter was pretty dirty, anyway, I'm pleased with the new filter arrangement, now just to get the exhaust set-up right.

Cheers & Beers[/code]
Alcohol & Explosives the key to a happy relationship.

Chris Canning

Well I started useing a K+N with a Race pipe and map and it ran very well more HP?? i doubt it, but a lot crisper put a 19 tooth sprocket on which gave it longer legs but had a tendency to bog a little if you let the revs drop in too higher gear,took the blanking plate out of the airbox and it's been a revalation I can tell you,pulls a 19 tooth like stock gearing.

I was concerned about the extra air going into the motor,there are four Triumph dealers with easy reach,two of e'm frankly haven't got a clue the other two are even stevens went to Windy Corner exsplained what i'd done,they said the ECU and the Lamba sensor will carry on as normal and the bike feels really good.

Chris