News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

LED Headlights?

Started by lukeman, May 05, 2014, 06:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeman

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948701

Has anyone thought about these for a Girly?  These look pretty compelling, 20 watts on low 30 watts on high beam.  Would save some serious wattage!   :bug_eye

Thinking about taking the plunge since I just did the LED dash, only issue might be the extra clearance required.

Sin_Tiger

Interesting but only as good as the beam pattern it throws out. Are you going to be a guinea pig?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

v8er6.6

Seems they have good reviews but also noted that they are for offroad only. They are very appealing in any case. When my Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs die, I think I'll be trying a set of these :)
Please let us know how they work for you if you do get a set.

cba191

I was going to try a set, but I had already just dropped $350 on auxiliaries from the guy selling these. I had a pair ordered, but after firing up the auxiliaries, I cancelled. The guy selling the headlights said it wouldn't be a huge improvement over the auxiliaries I just bought.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

cba191

I'm still thinking about getting a set of these.  More for the wattage saving than anything else.  When it's hot, and my fan is running, my voltage drops pretty low.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: cba191 on August 10, 2014, 04:38:23 AM
I'm still thinking about getting a set of these.  More for the wattage saving than anything else.  When it's hot, and my fan is running, my voltage drops pretty low.

Might be worth a bit more research or waiting a bit longer. One of the guys (in US) on the Trophy forum has tried a set, don't know the maker, and they failed quite quickly. He's discussing with the maker so there might be a resolution forthcoming.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cba191

I read some of his posts. The ones I'm looking at are from Cyclops. They've done a ton of beta testing on dual sports specifically, and they appear solid.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: cba191 on August 10, 2014, 06:18:19 PM
The ones I'm looking at are from Cyclops. They've done a ton of beta testing on dual sports specifically, and they appear solid.

Got a link?

dino246

I bought a pair of the led headlights like the ones at the begining of the thread off of ebay for about $50 and love them. great light color and alot brighter than the nightbreakers I had on. The beam is also better than the HID bulbs I had on before. You see I commute 30 miles each way to work through an area known for deer and elk crossing the highway, so I am peranoid good lighting. And since the tiger only produces 480 watts of power that doesnt leave much electrical headroom for lights and heated gear.