News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crashbars

Started by sailorcolin, August 13, 2014, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

just checked the mounting of the crash bars on mine as in your photo top 2 studs, the bottom fixing is via a brace from left to right.

sorry state on the bar in last picture, going to remove them and get them re-coated

sailorcolin

Quote from: daveb on August 26, 2014, 08:25:05 PM
just checked the mounting of the crash bars on mine as in your photo top 2 studs, the bottom fixing is via a brace from left to right.

sorry state on the bar in last picture, going to remove them and get them re-coated

Thanks! Seriously, this helps a lot. There a no good pictures like this anywhere online!

daveb

The crash bar kit came with longer studs, might be worth remembering when making your own

sailorcolin

:iagree Ahh! That's right! And seems to Veres switch to Allen Vs Torx, not that that makes a difference.

sailorcolin

Quote from: sailorcolin on August 26, 2014, 08:33:46 PM
Quote from: daveb on August 26, 2014, 08:25:05 PM

Thanks! Seriously, this helps a lot. There a no good pictures like this anywhere online!

How do you like that crashbar? Has it paid for itself yet?

daveb

well, I havn't fallen off yet or dropped the tiger. but riding 12 months of the year has taken its toll on the coating. however I have used them for mounting bullet camera.