News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will '01 Tiger forks fit an '06...?

Started by stopwatch1, July 22, 2014, 08:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopwatch1

Does anyone know if the forks off an '01 Tiger will fit an '05 or '06? Everything looks the same (spacers, caliper mounting, speedo hub, etc.) between the two.

Thanks!

Chris Canning

Honest answer I haven't done it but I'd be amazed if it wasn't a straight swap,I've seen an 885i with the latter 955 swing arm and wheels in.

pizzaman383

I would be surprised if it works.  As I understand it, Triumph changed the head angle when they switched to the cast wheels.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Chris Canning

What has the head angle got to do with the forks  :icon_scratch:

NortonCharlie

I was thinking something was a little different with the wheel or brake mounting?  I didn't think you could do a straight swap between the cast and spoked wheel.  Been a while so I really don't know.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

stopwatch1

I've made the swap ad the answer is yes. Spoke wheel girlies have 1" longer forks than "06 girlies, but the forks from the spoke wheel girlies are a perfect fit for the cast wheel models. The rear swingarm difference is what makes it impossible to do a spoke to cast or visa-versa rear wheel swap.