News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scotland 2014

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 30, 2014, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: nickjtc on August 12, 2014, 04:40:11 PM
Oh, oh. What have I started?

Anything I could do to help, let me know

Yeah !! get yer cheque book out !!  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Nick Calne

Spud - why didn't you tell me 4 posts ago! :bug_eye I'm making a run for safety in Spain as we speak...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

Chris  - I think we'd have to defer to our American counterparts to find the right places. 

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 12, 2014, 11:34:13 PM
we had to travel 50 miles to find a road with a bend in it literally!!

Hmmm. Not sure you were looking in the right spots, Chris. California is the only place that I have ever ridden that I have almost got motion sick on a motorcycle because the road I was on was so twisty. Any of the roads around and north of San Francisco that cross east to west from I.5 to the coast are spectacular for riding.

If there was any degree of seriousness about a 'global' Tiger meeting in my neck of the woods I would be happy to co-ordinate. I've put on a few bike events hereabouts and of course know a lot of nice riding roads.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Good points Chris, but Mustang's neck of the woods would be ok,  I've been to New England and enjoyed it.  Quite like old England really.

The BeeZumph lot do an overseas jaunt every two years.  they hire a 40ft container and everyone scrounges a delivery pallet from their local bike dealer (they only throw them away anyway) to tie the bike to.  The pallet and bike are forklifted into the container and then screwed to the floor so they can't move.  The bikes have to be pretty well out of fuel and the battery disconnected for the trip.  I can't remember costs but could find out if we're anywhere serious about this.  Say in 2016?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

It might be a idea to do a BB (board blathering) move to a new thread in the up and coming.  I was going to suggest BDSM as the title  :icon_redface: but perhaps "USA trip 2016" might be more appropriate.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I prefer USA 2016. :icon_eek: as a title...

Spud

could the Mods move to up and coming please

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

Ok, time to lock this one down I think, we've all said what a good trip Scotland was.  I'll crank up the Wales and USA options.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...