News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hobbes' big day out. Lots 'o pics! Updated!

Started by Speed3guy, April 16, 2005, 03:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speed3guy

The weather has been so nice in New Mexico this week, that I had to take the day off today and finish up the first 1000 miles on the new '05 Tiger (Hobbes).  Although I grew up riding dirt bikes, I didn't expect to be able to do much on the Tiger--Boy was I in for a surprise!  As long as one doesn't go too fast, the Tiger really seems to want to go places!  All that and a great streetbike too.  I can't believe I've spent the last few years on a speed triple.  (Although that was a great bike too... :?)   Anyway, on to the ride.

First destination was Cabezon Peak.  Passed through one of the reservations, onto some broad dirt roads, with a pause for my first hill climb on the Tiger.  I was amazed at how easy this was on a 500lb bike!  I was a little afraid of the decent, but that was cake too.  I stopped here and there for some pics and eventually arrived at the trailhead for Cabezon Peak.  I've really got to climb this thing now.  I've never thought of it as a worthy destination, but I've been wrong before.  After taking a bit of a break, I blazed on out of there and headed for Cuba, NM.

Cool Shack on one of the reservations.

Cabezon Peak in the background.

The Hill...

View from the top.

More cool spots on the Res.

Cabezon Peak and the Rio Puerco.

Cabezon Sign.

End of the Road.

Continued...

Speed3guy

Can't upload any more pics!  Any advice?

Sasquatch

Quote from: "Speed3guy"Can't upload any more pics!  Any advice?

Get yourself a Smugmug.com account, it is cheap.  Upload all of your pics there, then link them to this site when you type a report.  When the photo is on a hosting site lile Smugmug, right click on it and then click properties.  It will list it's location url.  Highlite and control c that location.  Then when you are posting and ready for a photo, click the little suare button just above the text window that says IMG.  It will put an img tag in the text, then put in the location of the photo by hitting control v then click close tag.  

THats how to do multiple photos.[/img]

Speed3guy

Got gas and ate lunch in Cuba.  I then decided to see if I could get over NM126 to Valles Grande.  126 crosses 9000 feet in elevation in several places and I wasn't sure it would be rideable yet.  Only one way to find out!

126 leaving Cuba.

Hmmm.  Sounds like an invitation.

That sign kept the cages off of a perfect road!  Whoo Hoo!

Hobbes can't read.

This could get interesting!

Spring Runoff.

Geek and a Tiger.

Hobbes in the mud.

Muddy rut.  This one was easy to stay out of.

The terrain definately has my attention now!

Light at the end of the Tunnel.

The other side.

Valle Grande is a giant Caldera (Ancient volcano crater).

Great twisties from Valles Grande to Los Alamos.  Too much sand right now though!  :(

Well, that's it for now.  One thing I love about living in New Mexico is that it is an easy day's journey from desolate desert to high mountains.   It's really uncommon to be able to cross so many different types of environment in such a short distance!  

Cheers,

G

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

Speed3guy

Thanks Man!  It was a fun ride!

:D

bahtiger

Looks like it was a great ride.  Thanks for sharing!

noivson

:P

Great ride report..and good lookin' bike!

I'd share pics want corn or bean fields?  :roll:
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

abell

Great photos, excellent ride. Bike looks cool and I dig the Cathcart lid!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

ridin gaijin

Great report, especially loved the offroad pics. The roads through the Jemez sure are a bitch in a snowy winter like this one...
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...