News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Becoming one with the new ride

Started by Hemibee, August 13, 2014, 08:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

I've pretty much been MIA around here for quite awhile and during a lot of that time I've been unable to ride.  On or about 14 April 2013 I ruptured a disc in my lower back and had been off of my Girly for almost a year.  I got back to riding a little in January and slowly started making a few longer rides.  Just as my birthday was rolling around my wife asked what I wanted so I told her the same thing I do every year and like every year I know what the answer will be. . . NO NEW BIKE!!!  Well this year I must have caught her off guard since she said; "Do you know which one you want?"  Is she serious?  Do I know which one I want?  Well to make a long story short, after searching all over Texas and the surrounding States, plus a few others, for a 2013, I located THE bike.  I told the dealer if I arrived and it turned out to be a 12 or 14, he had lost the sale, it had to be a 2013 AND it had to be Matte Green.  So a little over a month after my birthday I finally had possession of my new ride.

Here's a couple or so of my attempts to become one with the new girl . . .

A video slideshow of the bikes at Barber Motorsports
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Mustang

Bixxer Bob

Glad to see you back H, and yes I'm jealous too...  :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Good call, they do look kinda nice after seeing a couple close up in Scotland
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

All I can say is that woman must really  :love10 you  :thumbsup

Looks like you're gelling pretty well, hope you find it as comfortable as I have, cute choice of tracks by the way  :icon_lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Hemibee

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 14, 2014, 12:43:32 AM
All I can say is that woman must really  :love10 you  :thumbsup
Either that or she was tired of having me around the house and figured I'd be on the road more with a new bike.  :occasion14

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 14, 2014, 12:43:32 AM
Looks like you're gelling pretty well, hope you find it as comfortable as I have, cute choice of tracks by the way  :icon_lol:

I'm loving it.  I was wondering if I would like it as much as I did Black Betty but she was getting a little long in the tooth and I was spending more time fixing mistakes the previous owner had done to her when setting her up for himself.  I thought the Girly was the best they ever built but I'm converted, the 800XC is the greatest bike they have ever built.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne