News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger 800 upgrades for 2015

Started by vince, August 31, 2014, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince

what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Brilliant  :thumbsup that is going to drive a wedge between the competition models and really shake things up. Really hit all points that the journos have  :icon_razz:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NKL

Traction control, no thanks don't need it or want it, what is it with manufacturers keep adding more and more electronic shit to bikes that don't need it, I suppose it's because they can con another £1000 out of gullible fools even though it has cost them next to nothing to produce.

Another future purchase off the list.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Sin_Tiger

You, I and others in agreement are probably in the minority these days. I don't think it would have been done without serious research and safety credentials are important.

Overall if the character of the bike is not affected and there is a of switch I'm not fussed but I won't be rushing out to upgrade my XC  :icon_wink:

Owning a bike with traction control that has never functioned to my knowledge, tells me all I need to know about my own riding style.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I've only had one experience of traction control, luckily it wasn't on a bike.  I was driving my 4x4 on a gravel track in a spirited manner in 4WD high ratio with the back end drifting into oversteer and me balancing it quite nicely on the throttle.  I came to a longish curve and eventually the slow-witted traction control computer woke up to what was going on and decided it was having none of it.  Without warning it took corrective action which resulted in the vehicle going in the direction the vehicle was pointing, not the direction I was actually travelling and very nearly launched us into the scenery  :bug_eye  The very thing it's supposed to prevent... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Well according to MCN the XCx has some of the stuff on it that the above chart shows on the Adv model which isn't being built. And they've brought it in at a pound under £10K. Sounds like it's a winner.
But.................haqving sorted out my current XC, I won't be buying. 
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I think that's the problem, or maybe not  :icon_scratch:

The original XC is an excellent bike and good value to boot, so they may not find many buyers that already have one.

However, it certainly raises the bar against the BMW 800's and is nipping at the heels of the 1200's and possibly even creates another sub bracket between the two.

Tiger Blue

If and when Triumph comes out with the XRT or XCA I hope it is offered in Caspian Blue and has a larger fuel tank, at least 24 liters, but 30 would be grand, 32 and I would never come home.

Sin_Tiger

Amen brother. They will probably release it just as I finish farkling mine. I must admit tye Irn-Bru orange has grown on me.

Bixxer Bob

I like Orange.

:icon_mrgreen:

Was driving past Lings in Watton yesterday where an AA van was unloading a poorly Trophy.  Nothing cosmetic wrong so guessing the motor is sick.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Thankfully I haven't experienced any electrical woes with mine and that's a good thing with the earlier 800 models.

blacktiger

Quote from: blacktiger on November 27, 2014, 05:15:57 PM
Well according to MCN the XCx has some of the stuff on it that the above chart shows on the Adv model which isn't being built. And they've brought it in at a pound under £10K. Sounds like it's a winner.
But.................having sorted out my current XC, I won't be buying.

Confirmed my decision last week by buying a '63 plate XC with 300 miles on the clock. Now swapping all my farkles over from old to new(er).
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.