News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Exploring

Started by chairhead, September 02, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chairhead

After the disappointment of not being able to get to this years annual Tiger meet in Scotland, a couple of weeks ago I went on holiday.........finally!  :nod

I took one of these with some gear  :icon_mrgreen:

I had no plan so just went with the flow and met a friend in Orbey in the Alsace

Tried some local food,Munster cheese, very tasty and smelly  :bad

But decided my food was a tad cheaper and sometimes just as tasty  :icon_biggrin:

Did some riding of the regions roads, which are fantastic! and took some pics of great countryside

After a week at a very cheap and clean campsite(Euro 6, shower included) I decided to go further south

and headed for here

Taking in the Tarn gorges en route

Found a campsite and pitched here

which was opposite here

and enjoyed a few of these  :thumbsup :icon_cool:

you get the picture ?  :icon_wink:
I of course had to do lots of riding and picture taking, ive been here before and love the region, the landscapes and roads are amazing, I had an Uber chilled week, met a great German family with the Mother of all campers, I had Beer, good weather and great company, happy days.

Dora dipping her toes  :bug_eye

The last supper, I do a stir fry for the Trautmann's

Sunday morning I packed up, Chris and Elke gave me breakfast and left at 11.00 am,it was a beautiful day, I decided to head north, again no plan.
After around 14 hours in the saddle  and some 799 miles later I arrived home early doors Monday morning only stopping for fuel and scoff

Dora was faultless, effortless and a pleasure to ride, the question is shall i put one of these on her?!?!?!  :ImaPoser :augie

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Lovely trip, was down that way a couple of years ago and stayed in the municipal camping in the village next to Millau, stunning setting, did Roquefort and the viaduct, couple of great days.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

You wee Tinker  :icon_mrgreen:

I had heard rumours of the factory bringing out something more adventurous than the XC version but a BBQ model hadn't cruised my mind  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Looks awesome, may head down that way for next year's trip.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

We stayed there last year the amount the town make from tourism because of the bridge they should have paid for it not the government.

chairhead

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 03, 2014, 09:49:30 PM
We stayed there last year the amount the town make from tourism because of the bridge they should have paid for it not the government.
Didn't go into town Chris,
was more than happy to use the surrounding roads, rivers and views for my entertainment, cooked for myself and others, apart from one night I had a Pizza at the campsite  :icon_mrgreen:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

No criticism of town it was great plenty of hotels and places to eat at good money and we enjoyed it greatly up the following morning had breakfast and onto Andorra.

Bixxer Bob

I was there in June, picked cherries in the carpark and they were very nice.

Then a quick Sunday afternoon snack here:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...