News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle Body Balance

Started by nigeh, September 08, 2014, 10:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigeh

Thought I would just ask if there is some kind of voodoo skill needed to balance the throttle bodies?

It is soooooo difficult to get no. 3 body to balance with 1 and 2 it is always a little bit out!  I noticed that the thread lock on the adjuster for no 2 to no 1 is still intact and makes turning the screw very hard to do but no 3 to 2 it is so loose I could turn with fingers as the thread lock seems to be non existent and the bolt looks very worn on the thread.

I have have changed the no 3 to no 2 adjuster bolt and it seems to fit better.

How important is it to use thread lock on these?  It feels as if the springs on the bolts are not very strong and I think they may be allowing the no 3 to no 2 adjuster to 'move' while riding and so putting the balance out!

Any thoughts as to if thread lock is a must?

Cheers

who needs four cylinders??

www.maisonlaudiere.com

Bixxer Bob

You nailed it Nige,  they slip out of tune very easily even with threadlock.  I do mine whenever the tank is off if I have time.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Mine has been done twice in 13 years and it ticks over at bang on 1200revs like a good'un.

nigeh

Mine has run fine, and never been checked/adjusted for 7 years but is now paying me back for lack of love!!

I noticed that the adjuster screw for 3 to 2 was very loose in the threaded hole so much so that it wobbled from side to side in the hole which did not seem right at all!  I changed it for a much better fitting screw and used thread lock on it too.  I managed to balance them as close as I could and hope they stay like it!

Still not running correctly though as you can see from my main post!!  :BangHead
who needs four cylinders??

www.maisonlaudiere.com