News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Crash Bars for a 2005 955i

Started by wavery, September 16, 2014, 08:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavery

I just picked up a 2005 955i last week, my first Triumph.  I've seen a lot of advice here to add crash bars, and I can see why.  Touratech seems to the most recommended brand, but bars for this bike aren't listed on its site.  Any other recommendations?

sailorcolin

If you have the money, http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/TBIKE_1_TIG_6674 Thunderbikr makes the best bars in my opinion. Im making a set for myself cus I cant afford $500 USD

wavery

Quote from: sailorcolin on September 16, 2014, 09:10:45 PM
If you have the money, http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/TBIKE_1_TIG_6674 Thunderbikr makes the best bars in my opinion. Im making a set for myself cus I cant afford $500 USD

Ouch!  Yeah, that's a little steep for my wallet.  I will settle for the not-so-best.

Chris Canning

mark_s

I just picked up a set of Fehling bars from http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=11&lang=eng

They seem reasonably solid and quite cheap.

I haven't fitted them yet

wavery

Quote from: mark_s on September 16, 2014, 09:59:34 PM
I just picked up a set of Fehling bars from http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=11&lang=eng

They seem reasonably solid and quite cheap.

I haven't fitted them yet

Thanks for the info.  I'd love to know if you're happy with them once fitted.  Cheers!

dino1

Seem to be some good deals in the parts for sale listings. I saw stuff I wanted to buy and I don't even have a Girly......yet.

SilverTiger

I fitted Touratech crash bars to my Girly, a week later some old fart drove into my bike in an underground car park.  They saved my petrol tank and engine casing on the side it went down on.  What really pleased me was that the crash bar on the side he drove into completely demolished his headlight, radiator grill and front bumper  :icon_evil:.  My only damage was the tiniest of scuffs on the crash bar and a snapped off hero blob.  So I also would vouch for Touratech and would suggest that if they no longer show them on their website that you get in touch with them by email in UK or Germany to see if they still have stock.  Either that or wait for a set to come up on here or ebay.
Cheers.  Ian.
2006 silver Triumph Tiger 955i
1975 Triumph Bonneville T140
1972 Kawasaki 500 H1B - now restored, very orange
1999 Yamaha R1 - bought new

Dutch

Have the Fehling on mine, fits fine, hasn't been  :nap.  Intent to keep it that way  :hat10

Hatepylons

I've had the Thunderbike bars on my '05 for about 3(?) years - thankfully I haven't "needed" them so I cannot attest to their crashworthyness. What I can say is I don't feel I overpaid - they feel strong, build quality was very high, included hardware was nice.

They make excellent jack stand plates too!

maxx rs4

I have the Fehling bars fitted to mine. I've tested them out no less than 5 times, although mostly in dirt and always low speed.

Minor scuffs on the bars, all of the bike always protected, and bars haven't been deformed at all.

Great bars and a great price

haggis95

Great info.

I'm going to check out the Fehlings myself.
There's a Tiger in my garage

eurobykz

I crashed my Ma's bars and they got all bent so I went with thunderbike.  Very good setup - the guy in NZ was great to deal with and it arrived when he said it would and went on easily.   HIGHLY recommended.
Ian
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

Sin_Tiger

They do look good. Unfortunately nobody here has seen or tested them. Will you be the first  :bowdown
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint