News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tyres again

Started by nojohn, September 16, 2014, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nojohn

need new tyres got it down to Aneeka 3 or pilot road trails any views on these tyres? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

mark_s

Quote from: nojohn on September 16, 2014, 09:41:00 PM
need new tyres got it down to Aneeka 3 or pilot road trails any views on these tyres? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

I need tires for my Girly and these are my preferred options as well (unless I run out of money in which case I'll put on shinko 705 radials as they are less than half the price of the michelins)

I have pilot road 4's on my sv1000n and they are great on the road and work surprisingly well on dirt roads as well

HockleyBoy

On my second set of Anakee IIIs and love them, wear well and have excellent grip wet or dry on the road. Havent used them off road other than the odd unmade road where they seemed ok.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

joep

I have 6000 miles on my Anakee 3 front and 3000 miles on my Anakee 3 rear. Excellent tires in every way. I ride almost entirely road and they are great on the pavement.

Boo

I have 8000 miles on my Anakee 3's. Front one is near the limit for wet riding but, the rear one has at least another 2000 miles on it yet. They do wear a bit square come the end tho'. Not had any handling disasters with them yet, so may well get another set soon.

Dutch

Bumping an older topic: is the new Continental TKC70 an option? Not as purely tarmac orientated as e.g. the new A40 "traillie" tire from Bridgestone. But the looks alone would do the trick for me  :love10

John Stenhouse

:iagree

Looks ace, however for this time I've gone with the Avon storm, I liked the distanzias I had before so we'll see.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dutch

So you've gone for a pure street tire. Good choice if you don't go off tarmac anyway. Looking forward to your review :)

stuartw

Hi there any up date on the life span of storms and road pilots for tiger 955. I shall need a new front soon so could do with advise.

cheers stuartw :love10