News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will it fit????? Speedo Magnet....

Started by nikonvt, September 30, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikonvt

While I was waiting for money to transfer into my paypal, I lost the speedo I was gonna buy.  My speedo magnet broke and no longer works.  Will the drive unit for a Daytona or Sprint fit my 01 Tiger?

There are a couple of ebay options, I just don't know if they're interchangeable.  Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-T595-955i-SPEEDO-DRIVE-T-595-955-i-1997-/281269605174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item417cf99336&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-99-00-01-02-03-04-955i-SPRINT-ST-RS-SPEED-SENSOR-WHEEL-SPEEDOMETER-SENSOR-/261606166483?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce8f14fd3&vxp=mtr
01 955i

Mustang

the first one won't work as it's a cable drive set-up , meaning mechanical.

the second one might work but is certainly going to be calibrated for 17 inch wheel

nikonvt

Balls.  Thanks Ken.  I didn't even think of that....
01 955i

Sin_Tiger

Stick a $15 bicycle computer on it to keep you going until you get the right parts. I ran my Thruxton like that for a while until I got around to sticking a new scale on it. You could use a cheap gps alternatively if you don't already have one.

I realise that doesn't help the root problem, just making interim suggestions.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nikonvt

Thanks.  I'm running my garmin right now but would like to get it fixed properly.  Anyone know if I can take the magnet out of the Daytona ones above? That's all I really need to fix mine
01 955i

Mustang

Quote from: nikonvt on October 02, 2014, 08:25:59 PM
Thanks.  I'm running my garmin right now but would like to get it fixed properly.  Anyone know if I can take the magnet out of the Daytona ones above? That's all I really need to fix mine
I'm afraid you are going to have to take a gamble and be the guinea pig ! :hat10