News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Who made this crash bars? Factory??

Started by dino1, October 07, 2014, 04:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dino1

Looking at getting a tiger, this one has 42,000 miles but they want 4K

I'll probably hold out for a better deal but I've never seen these crash bars before.

supercoupe1993

Ma's Cycle. They are no longer available. Great crash bars. I wish i could find a set for my Tiger!

BRG, thats the fastest color the Tiger came in!!

Chris
2000 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: dino1 on October 07, 2014, 04:33:40 AM
Looking at getting a tiger, this one has 42,000 miles but they want 4K

I'll probably hold out for a better deal ..............................
4k for a 2005 thats clean and not beat up is a very good price ..........crash bars are a big +

42,000 miles is nothing  :augie
are they offering warranty ?
if it has relatively new chain and sprockets  , battery , tires, and brakes , 4k is an excellent price .

Chris Canning

I found out by pure chance but if you want to know how good your crash bars are lie the bike on it's side do they keep the handle bars off the floor.

HockleyBoy

Stripes are missing so has probably been repainted which means that the crashbars may have done their job at some time.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

threepot

And the seat,moulded to the PO ass by the look of it!! :icon_confused:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: threepot on October 08, 2014, 04:12:06 PM
And the seat,moulded to the PO ass by the look of it!! :icon_confused:
that looks like a custom seat by one of the long distance seat makers , bet its  still comfortable 1000 miles later in the same day  :nod

dino1

Is it possible to remove the stripes w/o a repaint? Perhaps they just removed the stripes due to bubbling?

Is it possible to reapply the stripes?

Since I found this on I did find a 35,000 mile bike for $3700 closer to me. No crash bars though. : (

threepot

Yeah,you can buy graphics for all Triumphs. www.worldoftriumph.com
Think I've seen copies on eBay?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

eurobykz

my tigger came with Ma's bars.  And while I found them ugly, they did do  their job.  Once.   But the flate plate that connects the lower part of the bar to the bottom of the engine case crumpled when tigger had a fall.   It is possible that that bit crumpled when my riding partners stood on the wheel to partially jack the beast up to lift it back up.  They were used to GS's and complained about tigger being too heavy and too top-heavy in particular.   And I agree.   But there's 19 bazillion GS drones and very few Girly tiggers.   And correction, tigger's shouldn't be green, they should be orange.  with tigger stripes. 

So my point is Ma's bars seemed to do the trick - exactly once.   I've ordered some thunderbike bars and they will arrive here from new Zealand sometime after the snow flies here (all too soon alas)   But 4k US for a tigger in good shape seems reasonable.   Once you re-do the suspension and the handguards and the bellypan and put on tubeless spoked rims you'll have a bike that is way better than the new explorer and still only half the price!
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)