News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's a screen, Jim but not as we know it !

Started by qbto, October 19, 2014, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbto

Yes its another screen thread   :BangHead
I've tried spacers, I've tried taller and shorter. None worked that well for me that well. 
Sports screen was about the best but no good for distance work. Taller would need to be at least another 4" higher. Problem with the Tiger screen is its straight and to far away from the rider.
I had a screen from a 900 Sprint kicking about the garage tried it against the Tiger fairing and it looked like it would fit, had to trim some plastic off it so the mirrors wouldn't foul it.

Results is I can now ride visor open up to 50-60 mph wind blast is now much smoother and quieter and hits me around the shoulders. 

mark_s

that looks quite good

did you trim it with a jigsaw?

I have 3 different screens left over from my last klr650 that I've been meaning to try and test on the Tiger as they are fairly close in shape but would need some trimming.

qbto

Sorry its taken me ages to reply to this mark, didnt get the notification.
Yes trimmed the edges, used a 6" grinder  :icon_mrgreen:
Didn't need to trim that much off, used some black tape to cover the existing mounting holes.
I've since added some 10mm spacer under the front mounts and its even better, lovely smooth air.

Sin_Tiger

Fir some reason I couldn't see the pics until now. That looks like a bought one, nice job.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint