News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock adjuster

Started by qbto, February 08, 2015, 12:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbto

It would appear that the adjuster on my rear shock, is not working.
Turning it either way has no effect on the pre-load, don't know if the silver cap is just spinning and not connected or as happened on a Trophy I used to own the oil in the line needed replaced.

Dutch

If you can live with current preload you don't have to do much, otherwise you have to service the darn thing. Or use the oppertunity to replace the entire shock with an aftermarket shock. I have a Wilbers on mine

eurobykz

I will absolutely vouch for how great the wilbers is.   I got the fully-adjustable version.  Bought it from Noud (Dutch) who I had met on this forum.  It's expensive, but boy oy boy wat a difference - especially offroad.    By the time I'm finished with all the mods to my tigger I could have paid for something more expensive, but who cares...   

Installing the new shock can be a bit of a hassle though - I had to remove the swingarm and it was a pita
Ian Fleming
Saskatoon canada

2007 MotoGuzzi Breva V11 (Italian Mistress)
2004 Tigger 955i 
2014 KTM Duke690 (impulse purchase)

Dutch

Quote from: eurobykz on February 10, 2015, 06:00:56 AM
I had to remove the swingarm and it was a pita
I didn't, but it was definitely no BMW K75 so to say ;)

qbto

I could swap the shock on my R1100GS in 15 minutes, the Tiger looks like it could take a wee bit longer  :icon_razz:

Bixxer Bob

It'll take 15 minutes to get the top bolt out, and grazed knuckles, and don't even start on "how do I get a spanner / torx tool to that"? ......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dutch

Quote from: qbto on February 10, 2015, 10:27:18 PM
I could swap the shock on my R1100GS in 15 minutes, the Tiger looks like it could take a wee bit longer  :icon_razz:
You could do a K75 / K100 in 5 minutes. Single shock on the side of a bike with center stand. Don't get much easier then that  :icon_biggrin:

But let's not putt off TS, even I could swap the shock on my '05 Girly, so anyone with a slight bit of wrenching experience should be able to do it without great frustration. It's just a fair bit of work, that's all  :icon_wink:

Bixxer Bob

Agreed, it's not hard, just time consuming.  And he could do worse than   :icon_study: on how to get the bottom pin out if it puts up a fight.  One or two innovative approaches written about on here...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

qbto

Found most things on the Tiger to be a fair bit of procedure just to get to the part you want to remove in the first place.

Dutch

Same experience with women  :hat10

brad1098

What is the cost of the Wilburs
02 black-Lorna

Dutch

Depends on the version you want and on the location you want to recieve it (tax & shipment costs)

brad1098

Well lets start with a price range or the cost for the one pictured with all the goodies.
Shipped to the middle of America.
02 black-Lorna

cba191

I love my Wilber's. They're spendy but worth it. I justified it with the fact that I plan on another 60 or 70k on it.

~$1200
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

brad1098

I thought yours was $1,200 with front end rebuild parts.

From Max BMW?

Are you beyond happy with it.
02 black-Lorna