News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock adjuster

Started by qbto, February 08, 2015, 12:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

The thing is awesome.  I would do it again in a heartbeat if I needed a shock.
A lot of it has to do with exchange rates.  When I ordered from http://beemershop.com/, he honored a quote that he had already given me, even though it was barely break even for him.  He's a great guy and took the time to make sure I was getting the right thing.  The dollar is stronger than when I got mine, I think, so it might be cheaper.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Sasquatch

For us Girlies, the only real upgrade to do to the rear is a new shock.  I wish I could modify the stockers like I do on the BMW's and Vstroms, but I cant.  I purchased a Hyperpro for mine and love it.  You will never be satisfied with a stock setup on almost any bike once you ride a properly built suspension.  I sell Hyperpro, Wilburs as well as Ohlins.  I think the Hyperpro and Wilburs to be equally as good as Ohlins for less $$.
Sasquatch
adventurepowersports.us

Chris Canning

I've posted way too much on suspension but it's always a great way to judge who your dealing with :icon_lol:

Oh and welcome back I won't ask where you have been  :icon_redface:

Sasquatch

Hi Chris,
Yes, it has been a long hard road with lots of self reflection, healing, work and recovery.  It is nice to be back.
Sasquatch
adventurepowersports.us

Brother Number One

100% agree that the standard shock is a lost cause.  Hagon replacement is incredibly cost effective and many times better than the original.  That said, I'll be tempted by the Wilbers next time.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Dutch

Quote from: Sasquatch on October 29, 2015, 08:06:36 PM
I think the Hyperpro and Wilburs to be equally as good as Ohlins for less $$.
I have the Wilbers (with e  :icon_wink: ) on mine. I really don't have to think about the suspension, it just WORKS  :icon_biggrin:

Hyperpro and Wilbers are technically very simular, as is e.g. Yacugar. Öhlins has a different background.