News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What now??

Started by t4tiger, February 08, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on May 21, 2015, 08:36:58 PM
↑ ↑ You can't argue with that can you Dan? ↑ ↑  :icon_eek:

Here, here  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Danwarb

Brilliant replies guys. I've laughed out loud reading some of your posts !!

I'm going to run some sea foam through her and just check I've got the airboxes well sealed to each other and I reckon I'm there !

Next is to replace the rusting bolts, re-spray the engine covers and eventually her fairing with tank.
I'm also tempted to get the rims powder coated in black if I can't get the rust sorted on them.

I heard of this product:

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=281475383001&category=179753&pm=1&ds=0&t=1432250413756

The guy says he sprays it all over his old BMW's twice a year and it keeps them looking mint. It's true. I saw his bike and it looked beautifully aged with the aluminium all darkened to a deep gunmetal and not one bit of rust on its bolts. He said this stuff begins to actually reverse the rusting !!

A can coming my way soon !!  :thumbsup
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

Sin_Tiger

Next time buy the combo liquid with hand pump spray, a lot cheaper!

Save the Sporran jokes, I am one of these people that actually shops looking at the kg's/£ labels  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint