News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Broke the seal...

Started by Nick Calne, February 27, 2015, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Well it is a warm day.  The bike's just been serviced inc valves and airbox.  Those new tyres aren't going scrub themselves in.  Some fresh petrol would be good for the bike.  It would be the first ride of the year.  You could do with a ride to clear your mind.  Weather won't hold.  Do I really need to be here this afternoon?

These were my thoughts sat at my desk at noon.

It's been a wonderful afternoon.  Bring on 2015!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

I know that feeling Nick... its the 'you know you made the right decision' feeling!  :thumbsup
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Normal service resumed here. Hammering down with rain, nose pressed against the window Once again.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on February 28, 2015, 05:29:09 PM
Normal service resumed here. Hammering down with rain, nose pressed against the window Once again.

Yup, same here. Like yourself I managed to escape for a run down to Carlise and back in quite decent weather  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

That's a fair way from you so it must a been a good run! I just went round Salisbury plain for a bit.

GavD

Pushed mine out of the garage, started it up, rain came, switched it off, pushed it back in again. :BangHead

Maybe next month!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Bloody hell guys,whats the matter with you? Fair weather riders!! :augie
Sorry,I couldn't resist that :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on February 28, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

Snow, rain and cold doesn't put me off but ice and 50 mph side winds do  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 01, 2015, 01:46:46 AM
Snow, rain and cold doesn't put me off but ice and 50 mph side winds do  :bug_eye
:iagree you can get some really good waterproof gear now  :augie

GavD

Quote from: threepot on February 28, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

Indeed, since giving up commuting on a bike, I have turned into a fair weather rider.  I need to have a word with myself. :nono

GavD

OK fellas, whilst there was no precipitation in any form, it was a bit blustery on the coast roads this morning, and I managed 50 miles before I had to be back home and into 'Dad' mode.

On a different note, I got the XL out in the week for a very different reason. My next door neighbour unfortunately succumbed to the effects of a brain tumour at the tender age of 44. He'd managed to hold on for nearly 3 years, instead of the 14 months he was given at the start.  His final journey was on an outfit with his wife pillion. He wanted as many bikes as possible to follow him. He took the long way to the crematorium, and instead of the normal 25mph crawl, we got up to a healthy 65mph at times, with his missus banging on the roof letting him know how fast we were going.

He wasn't a Triumph man as such, but he made his final journey on one.

RIP Dave

Sin_Tiger

I've seen that rig up here, way to go man  :notworthy

I went to the Edinburgh show for a bit, thought I saw XJC's Girly but didn't manage to catch him. on the way back it was hard work keeping the Starship Trophy in one lane, it's like a transatlantic yacht in a side wind. Glad I didn't have to use the Forth Road Bridge as the signs were up  :bug_eye

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

I saw one last year where an old fella in the states was planted sat on his harley, in full riding gear, in a transparent perspex case  :icon_eek:
A shock for someone in the future  :icon_biggrin: