News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Bars

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 23, 2015, 07:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

No, not the sort where you need go to find a friend...

Thinking about replacing my handlebars (no particular reason, just the paint on the old ones is getting a bit marked up).  Fancy a set of alloy bars but not sure if they'll stand a drop; at least the steel ones bend.

Thoughts? Views?  What are you using? :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

alloy ones buzz too much on my steamer .............................. :nod

Dutch

Seller of the aluminium bars love them. As you say, they don't bend as well as steel.

lukeman

I put on Renthal 7/8" ATV Handlebars, G2 threaded bar end mounts, Barkbusters Storm S7, and some adjustable levers.  Obviously not critical upgrades, but I really like my setup now.

benebob

Rattle cans are cheap! :) 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

blacktiger

You'll have great fun trying to find some alloy bars with a similar bend as the Tiger955 bars are a bit unique in their bend. You might struggle to get the hand grips in the same place relative to the rest of the bike.
However, to get a similar sweep and height, take a look at the Renthal 615-01. They're listed as for a Honda TRX250R ATV and is what I've used on my Scrambler and now my 800XC. Really comfortable.
There's also the Pro-Taper "Raptor" bar which is also listed as for the ATV market.

As for their robustness, these things are made to survive MX and Enduro racing so don't worry too much. They're tough.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Thanks for the suggestions guys,  I'll have a look about. :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

JTT

Quote from: blacktiger on January 27, 2015, 11:21:32 AM

As for their robustness, these things are made to survive MX and Enduro racing so don't worry too much. They're tough.

Ditto.  You will not find a steel handlebar on any proper dirtbike made in the last decade, and haven't seen one on a startline in nearly 4 decades.  The alloy used in handlebars is vastly different than soda cans or other soft alloy people think about.  It is extremely hard and resistant to bending, way more so than the mild steel used in the cheap stock bars.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

Roadinator

Quote from: blacktiger on January 27, 2015, 11:21:32 AM
You'll have great fun trying to find some alloy bars with a similar bend as the Tiger955 bars are a bit unique in their bend. You might struggle to get the hand grips in the same place relative to the rest of the bike.
However, to get a similar sweep and height, take a look at the Renthal 615-01. They're listed as for a Honda TRX250R ATV and is what I've used on my Scrambler and now my 800XC. Really comfortable.
There's also the Pro-Taper "Raptor" bar which is also listed as for the ATV market.

Sounds like a good set-up.  Interested in a new bar set-up.  Just added Oxford heated grips this winter.  Will this effect a new bar set-up?  Can you keep the stock bar ends and add and real bark busters?  Also thinking about taking our the risers and going with 2" ROX anti-vibration.  Looks like cables will be fine for length.  Like the idea to get some vibration help and have some more adjustment.     
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange