News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HD banter taken from Steamer pics thread

Started by JayDub, February 27, 2015, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Steamer pics thread was getting a bit messed up so I pulled this section.

BB

Quote from: threepot on February 27, 2015, 09:05:17 PM
A stop on the way back from collecting my friends 100th anniversary Road King.
REALLY TP... You could have warned me! - I just threw up on the cat!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

It's a nice bike. Only 14k miles in 11yrs! Seems heavy on the juice tho? We left Cardiff,he had half a tank . He had to stop in Port Talbot..less than40 MLS!  :icon_frown:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

HD's are not particularly economical, but that does seem excessive... 2 gal tank mabe?  :icon_scratch:

threepot

5 American gall? It does look the business though..in a I'm the 'real deal' sort of way! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on March 02, 2015, 09:17:50 AM
It's a nice bike. Only 14k miles in 11yrs! Seems heavy on the juice tho? We left Cardiff,he had half a tank . He had to stop in Port Talbot..less than40 MLS!  :icon_frown:

I seem to remember the very good fuel consumption you got on last summers trip, got me wondering if you have a length of house stashed under your seat  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on March 02, 2015, 02:25:07 PM
..in a I'm the 'real deal' sort of way! :icon_wink:
Sorry TP, but your attempts at convincing me are futile - I cannot get past the 'HD' bit  :pottytrain2

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on March 02, 2015, 09:17:50 AM

I seem to remember the very good fuel consumption you got on last summers trip, got me wondering if you have a length of house stashed under your seat  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Yes ST,my steamer's pretty good. I've had 63 from the Daytona.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

I've never scoffed at any sort of bike, after all from Harleys through Goldwings to R1s, they're all bikes.

As my 60th looms over the horizon, and after a lifetime of "why would you".... I suddenly sort of "get" the Harley thing, big lazy bikes etc... 

It must be my age..... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

JayDub

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Mustang

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 03, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
I've never scoffed at any sort of bike, after all from Harleys through Goldwings to R1s, they're all bikes.

As my 60th looms over the horizon, and after a lifetime of "why would you".... I suddenly sort of "get" the Harley thing, big lazy bikes etc... 

It must be my age..... :icon_rolleyes:
:iagree
and if I lived in the western USA you can bet there would be a road king in the garage .
they are mile eaters when the horizon just goes on and on .............................. :nod

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 03, 2015, 10:04:06 AM
:bug_eye

+2. My personal 'problem' with the cruiser thing in general and HDs in particular is that there are so many of them here that it is extremely difficult to show any kind of individuality. I like riding a machine that I am unlikely to see a clone of.

But each to their own I suppose.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on March 03, 2015, 04:06:56 PM

+2. My personal 'problem' with the cruiser thing in general and HDs in particular is that there are so many of them here that it is extremely difficult to show any kind of individuality. I like riding a machine that I am unlikely to see a clone of.

But each to their own I suppose.  :icon_wink:

:iagree I don't mind what other people ride... I just find some bikes either tediously boring, very silly or just plain ugly, Baggers for instance, google baggers images and there are so many almost identical  specimens. HD's = I can't find anything to like about them, I owned one for a short time and have ridden several, a few friends have had them - and regretted it, to me they are all noise and chrome, except one I know of which is a superbly engineered stainless and brass bobber  :love10 I don't know about the latest ones but it seems that as they come from the factory, you have to throw too much cash at them to make them go and stop in a satisfactory manor.  Don't tell anyone but I rode around on a 535 virago for three weeks  :icon_redface: which was actually quite comfortable and pleasing to ride, just underpowered.  I also have a XJ750 Maxim (rat)...
And goldwings?... i just don't get it  :^_^
The fact that we nearly all have tigers says it all  :icon_biggrin: 'spose I've never been a follower of fashion
What I do find interesting is the attitude of most HD and goldfish riders, they have a 'you wish you had my bike' aura about them  :ImaPoser and at rallies they even segregate themselves by taping of their territory!  :icon_eek: