News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HD banter taken from Steamer pics thread

Started by JayDub, February 27, 2015, 09:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on March 03, 2015, 06:11:09 PM
Don't tell anyone but I rode around on a 535 virago for three weeks

No shame in that imho. My 'long term' connection with the genre was with a 500 Virago, which was actually quite a nice bike, once I had got rid of the silly high handlebars and all the un-necessary frippery.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I thought they were carrying all that tape to tie up all the bits that came loose   :icon_scratch:

After the last decent length ride I did on a friends,  I decided that even if I did like them I couldn't afford to run one, what with the fuel consumption, the cost of buying new boots after a few corners, then there's the bills from the chiropractor and the dentist to consider.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 03, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
then there's the bills from the chiropractor and the dentist to consider.

Consider cruiser motorcycle ownership as a make-work project, perhaps??  :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Someone I knew had an Aspencade, he said there were 27 actions to perform to just to get the rear wheel off!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

I gave my friend a hand cleaning it earlier. I must say I'm impressed with the quality! The paint,and chrome is high quality finish,nice switchgear,good finish on the engine casings. There's hardly any corrosion. The engine runs smooth,no mechanical noise. Think Harley went to town on this one.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Speaking of Virago, this chap used to have one till it got written off, then he upgraded.  When I first saw him riding round Peterborough I thought he was completely barking effing mad, until I found out how much money he raises for charity.  His name is Mark Slater, Peterborough's  Viker Biker :icon_biggrin:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Just to add a bit more, his bike was written off and he was quite badly hurt. He was going to give up until his fans persuaded him otherwise (everyone lovers an eccentric...)

What occurs to me is that as we know, "Looked but didn't see" is a major cause of car on bike accidents these days.  How could you be in a car, about to pull out of a junction, give a cursory glance up the road (the sort that leads to accidents) and not go "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?????"  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

That Mark Slater lives near me ........................ :bug_eye

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rf9rider on March 04, 2015, 01:11:53 AM
That Mark Slater lives near me ........................ :bug_eye

I'd keep quiet about that....

Sin_Tiger

Glad you did the surgery, I was just thinking the picture thread was going a bit potato potato  :nono and I'm as guilty as anyone else  :icon_redface:

Now let's continue the duel with tassled handbags at 50 paces :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 04, 2015, 11:12:17 AM
Now let's continue the duel with tassled handbags at 50 paces :bad
:ImaPoser Arlen Ness bags of course!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."