News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New mapping at 6000 mile service

Started by PeterO, April 14, 2005, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterO

I took my '05 in for it's 6000 mile service yesterday.

Mine it one of the bikes that suffered from the "it won't run when it's warmed up" problems.  That was initially fixed by a new ECU couriered down from Triumph with a special mapping in it.  However it still suffered from the low-mid range surging which sometimes made riding in slow traffic very uncomfortable.

Well all I can say is that the mapping that was installed yesterday has made a huge improvement, to the extent the bike can now be rode at 30mph in 5th gear with smooth engine running, and the occasional "snappy" response when smoothly open the throttle has gone as well.

The engineer said he had rode my bike home at lunch time yesterday, and concluded the chain and spockets were badly warn, but on inspection they were all fine. "Yes", I said, "that's the surging effect I told you about".

"I realised that when I checked the chain, and if it was that bad, I would have been back here complaining a long time ago" he said !  Oh well.......

Peter