News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MIL light

Started by John Stenhouse, March 15, 2015, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

I know the standard way of turning this off is either connect to tune ecu or wait three heat cycles. I'm a lazy cuss so when I ran out of fuel the light came on, I guess for low fuel pressure, so I left it figuring that three heat cycles would be fine, BUT having ridden the bike three times from cold it hasn't gone off. The question do I have to wait for the fan to cut in to count as three heat cycles, cos one eighteen mile ride one fifty mile ride and two seventy mile rides hasn't turned it off, on none of those the fan cut in so I'm just wondering.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

That should've done it (I did it with mine recently after removing the battery just to see what ACTUALLY happens.  As long a sit reaches operating temp and cools again that's a cycle.  I do have the actual temps needed some where but can't locate them at the moment.

Looks like you need to read the codes.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Ah well time to get Tune ECU on the lappy

John Stenhouse

Turned the light off with Tune ECU, had three codes Barometric pressure, fuel pressure and Temp sender, maybe the llast one is why it didn't go off after three cycles. I'll give it a run this week and see if we get any recurrence.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Ran sweet as today, weather was a bit chilly but enjoyed my self being a bit hooliganish. No lights appeared

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on March 20, 2015, 12:10:40 AM
being a bit hooliganish. No lights appeared

If it wasn't the lights, it must have been the red mist  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Aye, a bit of scotch mist in there too  :augie