News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Convert to spoke wheel 955I from an 1999 885 frame Have a Look

Started by Chris Canning, April 23, 2015, 02:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Attila

Not sure how to handle this the fact the bike is forsale is not the point the photo is a great reference for all those folks who query what fits what.

Old frame early frame in fact 885i with later swing and wheels I saw one many years ago the same as this and never took a picture but here's the fact it can be done.

If someone far smarter than me can just paste the photo's in  :icon_scratch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Tiger-955i-T-06-16k-TT600-Y-01-14k-/251929441285?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa82a3405

Mustang

Chris
here they are .....

John Stenhouse

That looks a nicely done job, as Chris says most of the stuff from 885 will go to 955 except the engine, having said that I doubt the mounts are any different.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Cheers Ken

Should have been a better title so if you want to change it maybe it will be easy to find in search maybe even a sticky to show it can be done as for the bike!!! blimey I dread to think maybe a legit story but strange combo of late everything else and an old frame for you guys in the States we can tell the age over here by the first letter it being 'T' tells us 99 so a very early 885i frame.

Oh and what are the front discs  :icon_scratch: or does it just look odd with black wheels?

NKL

That's a late model '06 with the 1050 cases, the reg is wrong.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

John Stenhouse

Now there's something I hadn't thought of...........too trusting me
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

NKL

If I was thinking of buying that I would be checking the frame and engine numbers very carefully.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Mustang

I believe that's Chris' point ....
everything  is interchangeable from 1999-2006
mix and match
a frankenbike

Chris Canning

Yep if you read the add it says old frame of course how the hell you scrap a frame when everything else is good  :icon_scratch: but the important thing is 'It can be done'