News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front Fork Springs and Shock.

Started by Ron in Buffalo, March 24, 2015, 04:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

I had a local guy rework my front forks.  Best $$ I have spent on the bike.  Can't remember exactly what springs he put in there, but I know they were not progressive coil springs.  He put in a set of Race Tech Emulators and adjusted per my weight (250 lb with gear).  I had to raise the tubes in the triple clamps about .25" when I got them back on the bike, but it made a HUGE improvement.

I can lift the front wheel a couple 3' in the air and when it comes back down it's amazing how well it lands.  I had a KTM 450 EXC that had the forks reworked for my weight too, and the Tiger is obviously not quite the same, but I would compare the dampening and rebound on it very close to the KTM.

Now I don't even bother to avoid pot holes with the front wheel anymore.  The rear shock is a bit of a different story.  I have a Hyperpro, that I think can be "tuned" in a lot better, but I regret not getting the remote adjustment.  I need to get that added on to the shock, but that guy in Idaho I bought the shock from, shocked us all and is no longer available on this forum, at least.  Some of you may know the big foot fella I am referring to. :icon_redface: