News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nothing special.......

Started by nickjtc, April 17, 2015, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

............ just out for a (very late) first ride of the year. My excuse is that by the time I got my ar$e in gear to change the rear tyre I then realised I would have to wait for delivery. Anyway, it appears that I have mounted it correctly! Put on a set of Mustang's pegs and forgot to lower the shift lever, so will have to do that pdq.

You do not have to ride far hereabouts to get into them thar hills.

Cheap camera; sorry about the over exposure.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Is that a Rickman top box? I had one like that on me Honda 4/4... bullet proof!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

Great pics, reminds me of Kelowna, lovely evening at Mission Hills winery
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on April 17, 2015, 08:25:37 PM
Is that a Rickman top box? I had one like that on me Honda 4/4... bullet proof!

Craven. Had it since my very first bike (CB175), in 1973. This is the first bike I've mounted it on since then. Some of the decals are still on it!

JayDub

Those lids! well they're almost a full face  :icon_lol:
No bungees here  :nono and proper tents, when you think of how we used to camp/rally it makes you wonder why we have to have all this crap like sat-nav, huge luggage etc..... I don't think I had a tent - just a piece of lorry tarpaulin and luck
Ahh, the good old days, I'm going to look for me cut-off jacket with patches  :love10

Oops, just spotted the bungees, I was looking at the washing line at first.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

KuzzinKenny

Hey nickjtc !! Nice pics  :thumbsup

I got out for me first ride O the year on friday, just a short ride around the Pentland Hills, man i needed
that  :icon_wink:

Jeez !! a Honda 250  :icon_eek: i bought the very same model as that, new in 1973  :bug_eye
in dark red !! had it for a year and put 25K Ml on it  :icon_biggrin:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Jeez !! a Honda 250  :icon_eek: i bought the very same model as that, new in 1973  :bug_eye
in dark red !! had it for a year and put 25K Ml on it  :icon_biggrin:

Yes, the good old days. Me and my riding friend John (who owned the 250) went everywhere together, and in retrospect did all kinds of things that I shudder to remember.... down the pub on pay day (Thursday) evening for beer at 15p a pint, then if we were feeling really flush we'd treat ourselves to a Chinese take-out for 45p. Then ride home.

And those two bikes, a 175 and a 250, did everything we wanted them to do, including carrying girlfriends on the back.

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on April 19, 2015, 06:15:38 PM
Those lids! well they're almost a full face  :icon_lol:
No bungees here  :nono and proper tents, when you think of how we used to camp/rally it makes you wonder why we have to have all this crap like sat-nav, huge luggage etc..... I don't think I had a tent - just a piece of lorry tarpaulin and luck
Ahh, the good old days, I'm going to look for me cut-off jacket with patches  :love10

Bungees are fine until they let go and smack you one in the face.  :icon_confused:

But  :iagree things seem to be SO complicated for riders these days.

Sparky

Couple of questions if I may.

What manufacturer are the side racks you have ?

What model Wolfman tank bag ?

Nice bike, the Steamers look good in red.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

nickjtc

Quote from: Sparky on April 21, 2015, 03:14:54 AM
Couple of questions if I may.
What manufacturer are the side racks you have ?
What model Wolfman tank bag ?
Nice bike, the Steamers look good in red.

Sorry for the slow reply. I didn't start getting 'pings' again about posts until yesterday.

I assume that the side racks are OEM Triumph since the panniers that go on them are OEM Triumph, albeit made by Givi. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in.

It's the 'mini enduro' Wolfman bag. I have the mounting harness for both the Triumph and my Honda XR650L so I can switch it between bikes when I need to.

Yes, everyone knows that Steamers look best in red; especially pimento red.  :icon_wink: