News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Dirty One

Started by nickjtc, April 18, 2015, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Just a fyi to show the on-going progression of the stuff I have done to my '97 XR650L Honda. No real goal has been in mind, except to reduce the weight a bit.... I like puttering.

So, it's gone from this, which is basically stock, with a home brew luggage 'plate' on the back and non-stock tail light (the original was long gone before I bought the bike):

To this: Battery box-ectomy (on the other side) and switch to lithium ion battery, now under the seat; ceramic coated exhaust header (which did not work); Supertrapp muffler; digital gauge.

To this: Stainless exhaust header; Acerbis tank; 'retro' headlight.

And now this: Different and better digital gauge; lifted luggage 'plate' to make the seat easier to get off; original headlight and re-located front signals. (Yes, I am a Minion fan!)

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Spud

Like it  :thumbsup

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

nickjtc

Also switched out the Scottoiler for a TUTORO using the same delivery tubing.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"