News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 2nd Ulster Grand Prix Article

Started by Moorso, April 21, 2015, 02:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moorso

Hi All

My 2nd Ulster Grand Prix Article has been published, the link to it is below:

Skill, Pride, Danger and Glory - The Early Years: http://www.ulstergrandprix.net/skill-pride-danger-glory-early-years/

Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Another nice one, I suspect on modern machinery they would still be the class of the field.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Moorso

Thanks Guys  :thumbsup

It'd be interesting....I suspect the cream would always rise to the top. The likes of Michael Dunlop would still wrestle a bike round any track quickly. But I wonder how the riders from the 20's would find modern machinery. When I read accounts and saw pictures of them riding it blew my mind, the tyres even the state of the roads was woeful!

Next article is on the 30's, titled: "The End of the Chivalrous Era?".
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer