News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Next on my agenda...

Started by JayDub, May 03, 2015, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

US PRO tools.... How good or bad are they, I've not had the pleasure and was hoping someone here may have some input.
Here's what I had in mind:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281202097842?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mustang

If you insist on buying junk at least pay less for it

http://dropshiponline.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=85

buy once .........any thing that is brand name with life time warranty.

Sin_Tiger

:iagree If someone could give me £1 for every £10 worth of junk tools I've thrown in the bin I could retire  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 03, 2015, 11:37:51 PM
:iagree If someone could give me £1 for every £10 worth of junk tools I've thrown in the bin I could retire

:iagree too. Unless of course the junk tools are so inexpensive that you can literally afford to use them once and then chuck them.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

Blimey Jaydub, that's you told!  :icon_salut:

I wonder just how many fasteners on a steamer have torx heads.  From memory... brake calipers and engine mounts?

I think they may be the same size head too. (I'll check).  Perhaps you only need one and that could, therefore, be a nice one...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

Just about everything on the Girly, bodywork, engine mounts, coils the lot, except the wheels
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

:icon_eek: FLIPPIN ECK!!! I only wanted to know if they were any good, - I'l take that as a no then  :icon_redface:
Quote from: nickcalne on May 04, 2015, 09:11:57 AM
Blimey Jaydub, that's you told!  :icon_salut:

I wonder just how many fasteners on a steamer have torx heads.  From memory... brake calipers and engine mounts?

I think they may be the same size head too. (I'll check).  Perhaps you only need one and that could, therefore, be a nice one...
And the rear suspension and foot rests - they all look the same size but I'm not sure what that is, T65 seems slightly loose but T70 could be too big :icon_scratch: I have up to T65, but missing T55, If I knew what size it was I may not need to buy more.

@Mustang Silverline tools have a lifetime warranty  :augie

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on May 04, 2015, 12:15:54 PM
@Mustang Silverline tools have a lifetime warranty

Which is fine as long as 1) they stay in business 2) they still make said tool  3) you are close enough to not have to rely on postage/shipping to get said tool to them when it fails just in the middle of a time sensitive bit of fettling..... Sorry, cynical me.

We have an outfit here called Princess Auto that sells pretty well everything you need, tool-wise. A lot of it is out and out junk, BUT is very, very inexpensive (aka Chinese made), so you can buy that once-in-a-lifetime tool for peanuts, use it, mash it up in using it, then chuck it in the re-cycle bin.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on May 04, 2015, 04:05:03 PM
o you can buy that once-in-a-lifetime tool for peanuts, use it, mash it up in using it, then chuck it in the re-cycle bin.
Thats right- Silverline :thumbsup
I checked again and noticed that I was jumping to conclusions in that, The difference between T45 and T50 is so slight that I assumed the biggest I had was a T65, but its not as there is a big difference between T50 and T55 so I got my numbers mixed up.... I have a T55, not a T65 - so I think I have what I need.
In my (feeble) defence...  the stamped numbers are not very clear  :icon_mrgreen:
So, now that's cleared up   :ImaPoser

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on May 04, 2015, 05:39:21 PM

In my (feeble) defence...  the stamped numbers are not very clear  :icon_mrgreen:
So, now that's cleared up   :ImaPoser
spec savers  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Mustang on May 04, 2015, 07:14:32 PM
spec savers  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

You're half way to getting an honorary passport  :thumbsup

JayDub

:icon_rolleyes: Typical, just like school kids - but I shall rise above it.... with dignity  :Topes