News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

When I were a lad.......

Started by nickjtc, May 19, 2015, 01:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

.... my first powered two wheeler was a Puch Maxi moped; the fancy one with the purple paint and rear shocks. I was the tender age of 16 1/2.

Fast forward 43 years and I just got myself a '78 Cimatti City Bike which hasn't run for 23 years. A friend had it languishing in his shed and wanted to get rid. The price was right, so here we are.

Never heard of Cimatti before, but have heard of Minarelli, who made the engine. Why bother, I hear you ask? Just for s's and g's!! And no I am not going through age regression.  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Sweet, got a Velosolex myself, it goes with the silly French cars I have  :wheel
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Sweet indeed. The real fun is trying to find any kind of 'hard' information about it: manuals and the like. At least it doesn't take up much space in the garage!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"